Why become a member? ×

Spotify Wrapped 2023

NancyJohnson

Well, it's that time of year again.

Not unsurprisingly my top artist is Momma (again), I bloody love them.  In #2 it's New Zealand poppunk band The Beths and at #3 it's The Alkaline Trio.

The ones I am surprised about are #4 and #5.  As evidenced by my entries on the What are you listening to now? thread, it's Supertramp and 10cc.

Blimus!

• Like 1

Sleep Token

The Wonder Years

The Menzingers

Thrice

Sincere Engineer

I didn't think I'd listened to that much Sleep Token, their newest album isn't in my top songs, I think I just put the first two albums on a lot while I worked in Jan-March.

I always made sure I listened to songs I was learning on YouTube instead so they stay out of my playlists!

• Like 1

I do not really do Spotify. I get paralysed by choice.

However, an ex-student's annual stats have just been pointed out to me. 225.8 million streams, 20.3 million listeners, 11.7 million hours listened. That would be 1335 calendar years if they were all played end to end. I cannot even begin to get my head around such numbers.

• Like 1

I still listen to CDs 🙃. Dunno what a Spotify does but from time to time I go on Last FM. Problem that often crops up there is you might click on say track 3 of album WXY but it plays track 7 instead. Oftentimes, I find only a couple or so tracks are playable on some newer releases. Had thought about Spotty but I think I've now got all the albums I'll ever want in the old CD format.

• Like 1

2023wrapped_top5-artists.thumb.jpeg.2cb6f0d353b5adde47f44c199b8a6ffa.jpeg

Seems about right for me. I only discovered Dylan LeBlanc in October and have been listening to him absolutely loads. Would recommend him to anybody that enjoys easy going Alt-Country/Folk. People comment that he reminds them of 70's Neil Young... though I never listened to that so wouldn't know.

• Like 1

My top artists were Peter Tosh and Jacob Killer Miller...

Though most of my Spotify listening is at work, whether I'm there or not. So it plays my 1500 song playlist 8 hours a day 362 days a year, and they're the most played, weirdly followed by Vivaldi, probably because all his bassoon and lute concertos are on there too!

Top song was Mister Bass Man by Fatback Band, not sure why their shuffle play chose that more than any other song.

• Like 1

Sign of being a 37 year old rocker with two kids…

I didn’t even particularly love the new albums by Baroness, Metallica, Alexisonfire or Queens of the Stone Age. I just listened to them multiple times to determine if I like them and they varied from ‘meh’ to ‘really good…at points’.

IMG_6540.thumb.png.db37ff3b16ea944471cc4d1bb7281fc1.png

• Haha 1