Why become a member? ×

Fave Bob Dylan cover

Barking Spiders

One of the songs I grew up on, my Mum absolutely loved this (still does). I bought her a Dylan cassette one birthday as I was starting to get into music myself only to be told that she hates everything about him, but likes other people singing his songs!! I don't necessarily agree but I see where she's coming from. Anyhow, this is the first thing I think of for Bob Dylan covers.

https://youtu.be/qcwP2ulxDdY

Im sorry but that thing by 'The Ministry'? above should have been put down at birth.  Get just a tad annoyed when those with no talent at all muck around with great works from the great and the good. Its like punking up a Bach Minuet....why would you do it, what is the cover artist trying to prove?  Show the tune and the creator the respect it deserves.

Anyway that Manfred Mann version sounds good, never heard it before...Nice nod to the original vibe.

Edited by greavesbass
  • Like 1

I love a great Dylan cover song - earliest I recall were by The Byrds, probably before I knew who Dylan was!

'Mr tambourine man, 'My back pages' and 'All I really want to do' being some of my favourites, along with 

'You ain't going nowhere'. Loved the way the Rickenbacker electric 12 string was used on some of these.

However, along with 'All along the watchtower' by Jimi, this is probably my most played Dylan song.

Also covered by Sam Cooke, Stevie blew me away with his version from 1966 when he was not yet

16 years old. Backed by The Funk Brothers (and sounds like JJ on bass?), this always makes me stop

in my tracks, just wonderful.