Why become a member? ×

Arriving, reflecting and departing - music for your funeral

snorkie635

Rather than a funeral, my wife and I have decide to become trees (I want a plum tree planted above me so people can suck on my plums after I'm dead).

So, instead of a funeral we're putting the money into booking out our fav indian restaurant so all the guests get free curry and beer. Consequently the music for the whole thing will be 'evening' ragas.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

It is certainly one of my favourites and it introduced my to Julie Christmas and her excellent band Made Out Of Babies.

I particularly enjoy this live version of Mariner

I did see them play Mariner in full in 2016, best gig I've ever seen

23 hours ago, Jo.gwillim said:

My daughter knew she was dying and specified what she wanted. Bless her she asked for bob Marley's 3 little birds. In our grief the "don't worry about a thing cos every little things going to be alright" was a lovely message to us all.

I had a cousin who died of leukemia , he chose that as well , and voodoo chile to leave the church with 😁

I’m not going to do anything about it, but my mrs family are all into spiritualism, so they know better than  to deviate from the playlist!! 🤣🤣🤣

changes a lot. I like the idea of hitting shuffle on my liked songs. 

but if being serious. 

wooden heart - by listener. 

about as helpful as you can be…(instrumental.) Dan Mangan

Tonight we fly - divine comedy. 

50 minutes ago, casapete said:

Mine would be these -

Good choices, Pete.

As it happens, I was at a wedding yesterday where the Springsteen song lyrics was a major part of the bride’s father’s speech!

God Only Knows always brings a lump to my throat as I recall playing it live a few weeks before my first wife died. Lyrics with such depth… 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mickeyboro said:

Good choices, Pete.

As it happens, I was at a wedding yesterday where the Springsteen song lyrics was a major part of the bride’s father’s speech!

God Only Knows always brings a lump to my throat as I recall playing it live a few weeks before my first wife died. Lyrics with such depth… 

God only knows is just one of those tunes that still stops me in my tracks whenever I hear it.
Sorry it evokes sad memories for you Mick, as you say the lyrics are amazing especially combined

with the song structure and vocals.

I went to see Brian Wilson a few times in the early 2000's ( before he sadly declined & when

he had that amazing band) and it was a truly spiritual point in each gig when they played that song. 

Edited by casapete
  • Thanks 1