Why become a member? ×

Now, I'm an old punk so naturally I dislike Elton John intensely but, you know, a bit of musical history innit so I put the TV on...

I had no idea I was carrying around an Elton John bucket list of songs I wanted to hear, top of the list, Pinball Wizard! And f*** me if I wasn't a bit tearful during Daniel. Seriously, if Kiki Dee turns up to do Don't Go Breaking My Heart, well, I'll be all done with music. @stingrayPete1977 is bang on, those bass settings should be compulsory.

What on earth my eighteen year old self would call me this evening I don't know.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, ezbass said:

I’ve tried to like The Smiths time and time again, I really have (Marr & Rourke were just wonderful together) but I just can’t get past Mozza’s vocals and this is from a bloke who learnt to like Geddy Lee’s voice. However, Mr Astley seems to have solved my dilemma.

Same for me.  I loved the band but as soon as Morrisey started whining that was it for me.  The Rick Astley set was a revelation - The Blossoms were impressive as well. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, leroydiamond said:

You can have cracking musicians, terrific mix etc but the tunes have to be quality and these are all classics. I am not an EJ fan (that might well change)  but this is real quality. The guy is 76 years old ffs.

Absolutely. A revelation. So enjoyable.

Ended up seeing one band at Glastonbury, which was Kelis and was great! Caught the first few songs of lizzo and it sounded great and also the lottery winners who I enjoyed watching a few songs, very entertaining.

Somebody asked why the singers sound a bit ropey in the bands. Most likely doing multiple shows a day, it's a nightmare getting around the site to each show and sleeping in a tent and getting little sleep. I took it easy and the earliest I got to sleep was 2:30 and eas up by 6! 

I did 7 performed across 4 days and last nights 11:30 set was a struggle as was this mornings set and I'm a bass player!! 🤣  a highlight was standing a few yards of Paul McCartney as we watched the sun set from the Glastonbury sign!!

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, leroydiamond said:

You can have cracking musicians, terrific mix etc but the tunes have to be quality and these are all classics. I am not an EJ fan (that might well change)  but this is real quality. The guy is 76 years old ffs.

So, what you are saying is well done Bernie Taupin... 😄

• Haha 1

Watching the Rick and Blossoms set on iPlayer.

i could never have imagined that the chap who tortured my ears with his pop stylings on the car radio when I was 11 or 12, would be drinking Jager and Red Stripe mid set before telling himself off for coming in too early and belting out Smiths hits (he was 18 when their 1st album came out so he must have those tracks worn into his brain.)