Why become a member? ×

27 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Rick Astley was great doing the Smiths stuff with Blossoms.

I’ve tried to like The Smiths time and time again, I really have (Marr & Rourke were just wonderful together) but I just can’t get past Mozza’s vocals and this is from a bloke who learnt to like Geddy Lee’s voice. However, Mr Astley seems to have solved my dilemma.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, theplumber said:

Great set and he has some songs! Check them out! Oh and the bass player has a nice custom Warmouth bass!

Lol. I litteraly just logged on to search this. Saw the brand at the top just now. Tasty.

14 minutes ago, Cato said:

Lizzo's set is well worth a watch on iplayer especially for anyone who likes a bit of 70s soul/funk.

She was great, band were super tight too. The biggest crowd for any one artist at that point (I have a feeling ol' Reg might top that though)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, acidbass said:

Not bass related, but how many of the singers' voices sound absolutely knackered? Even the younger artists - I expected it from Axl!

Cat Stevens was exactly the same, as he proved when he had footage of him singing when he was young, and he's 74 now.

Just watched Blondie, telephone was dodgy but I'd rather have them there a bit the worse for age than not at all

Edited by PaulWarning

Just watched the Pretenders on the i player and really enjoyed it. Their recent single, Let the sun come in was great and Johnny Marr is the coolest guy in music. Sod playing bass on that gig, as you look to your right there is Macca watching you :D

• Thanks 1

On 24/06/2023 at 02:14, attackbass said:

Hi, that was me and thank you. It's a very battered alpher bass! Played 4 shows already this weekend, 3 more lett to go.

Nice one! BBC2 coverage is top tier! Enjoy your weekend. Hope you get some time out to catch some music. 

I don't like Elton John and his voice is still very "I'm Dill Danding" ( I understood about three words in The beach is Back), but he is putting on a good show for those who like him and the band are great. Guitarist is superb I didn't know Clinton Baptiste could play guitar), as is the bassist. The sound is so much better than GnR and Blondie got.