Why become a member? ×

Superlungs

fleabag

Paul Rodgers.  Not that many years ago I saw him at a relatively small theatre (Palace Theatre in Westcliff, for those that know it) and he stood at the back of the stage away from any mics and could still be heard quite plainly.

Chaka Khan (Chaka Khan) also - really powerful voice.

• Like 2

Sure some singers can generate lot of noise...shout if you will, Bon Jovi, Axel Rose Janis Joplin etc etc but I'm drawn to singers who have expansion...they open their mouths and the sound seems to fall out effortlessly. Blow Monkeys Dr Robert is one that comes to mind....not a huge range but a huge expansive tone. Paul Rogers too tho less so, and dont forget Stevie Wonder ...massive effortless range.  Just some thoughts.

Edited by greavesbass

Roger Daltrey could still belt it out pretty well a few years back (haven't seen him recently), although he's dropped into a lower register now.

Opera singers, of course, are the pinnacle of vocal accomplishment. Who can forget that most magnificent of them all?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tauzero said:

Roger Daltrey could still belt it out pretty well a few years back (haven't seen him recently), although he's dropped into a lower register now.

Opera singers, of course, are the pinnacle of vocal accomplishment. Who can forget that most magnificent of them all?

For a moment there, I thought that was Oscar Wilde on the right. 'Never knew he sang?', thought I to myself. 😄

Unlikely that anyone on here knows him but my old mate Mark Russell was known amongst local PA system circles as Leather Lungs -chiefly due to his ability to activate every single clip light if using mic levels suitable for a regular human!