Why become a member? ×

Fender Troy Sanders P?

AndyTravis

8 minutes ago, acidbass said:

Yeah I'd imagine Mexican made.

I am guessing this would have sold better at the £500-£800 mark similar to the Masty sig Epiphones.  Not sure who is paying £1400 odds for this!

Not many products sell worse at 1/3 to 1/2 of their retail 😉

1.4k for a Mex Fender does sounds like an awful lot of money though. Looks... ok. I don't really like the paint job or the bi-material pick-guard/control plate but it would probably be quite a useful bass to have if you played a lot of genres and needed to fit into different bands without looking too outrageous in any setting. 

It'd be cool if there was no routing under the pickguard and you could take it off. A P with just a metal control plate would be sexy af! 

I really like this though, I wonder if there'll be a Squier version like he did for his Jag? Or if it can be played in passive mode?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PaulThePlug said:

@Velarian time for your pic again...

Ohhhhhhh, this sounds like a reply I'm going to like.....

28 minutes ago, MungoBass said:

I believe it can be.

Ah nice! With the 70s profile neck as well this ticks a lot of boxes for me....oh dear.

I quite like the video. I generally won't purchase a signature model ('Les Paul' guitars being the exception), however this model feels fairly well thought out. Would be interesting to hear what the electronics and pickups are like compared to other active fender offerings.