Why become a member? ×

Do you know how many basses etc you own

Ralf1e

I have two.  One is a Tanglewood violin bass (Hofner Beatle Bass copy) which I learned on and my main one is an Italia short scale.  I do look at other bass guitars but when I pick up my Italia all thoughts of buying another bass fade away!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, msb said:

I’m happy whenever someone tells me they have over 30 basses or guitars. It makes me fell better about only having twenty something. 

I justify my "collection" (to myself) as before too much longer it will be used to part fund my retirement. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I’m sure I’m a huge disappointment - 3. An Ibanez SR500 and a Yamaha BB614, both bought about 10 years ago. I gig with both, alternately, with the other as backup. The other is a Short scale Squier Jag. This has two neodymium magnets, 25x8 mm, on top of the bridge pickup. It’s an absolute hoot!

The only gas I have is, er, the other sort.

• Haha 1

On 15/11/2022 at 12:50, lidl e said:

Cool unusual collection.

Pics?

@lidl e Sorry I missed this back when you asked.

Pics are requested:

The Gus basses -the fretless 4-string has been sold to another Basschat member since this group shot was taken.

DSC02163.jpg

Squier Bass VI which will almost definitely be up for sale soon:

DSC01543.jpg

Burn Barracuda, which will probably slap be up for sale shortly:

DSC00340.jpg

I don't have any photos of the Eastwood Hooky except for some of me playing it at gigs. This one is from Hurtsfall's recent Carpe Noctum gig in Leeds supporting Skeletal Family:

318330996-602302741813181-53575754250062

• Like 2

My house is small. So:

1x double bass. 
1x EUB. 

2x fretless bass guitars (one is listed for sale here)

1x fretted BG, 5 string. 

I don’t play the last of these as it is a micro scale and too fiddly, but my other half is using it. 

27 as of this writing.........but many were acquired as investment for starting my YouTube channel.Before my channel I had 17. This was a carry-over mindset from the late 80s/throughout 90s period of my life when I did a lot of studio sessionwork and found a need to have many colors on the bass pallette available to clients