Why become a member? ×

I am not a number...

TheGreek

Question

18 answers to this question

Interesting fact.....Apparently Hitler's party number was 555,  not no.1 as you'd expect. This was in fact a phoney ( surprise, surprise !)  as they started numbering from 500 to make themselves appear to be a larger party initially. He was still only member 55 though...

Not that there's any similarities between our Greek friend above and Hitler of course ! :)

Edited by Waddo Soqable
  • Like 1

The number of members at the time anyone joined is the number in the URL of your profile page that comes before your user name.

Regarding the first member even Kiwi is only number 2 so I would assume that number 1 would be whoever did the technical bits for setting up Basschat .

• Like 3

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2021 at 20:36, Waddo Soqable said:

Interesting fact.....Apparently Hitler's party number was 555,  not no.1 as you'd expect. This was in fact a phoney ( surprise, surprise !)  as they started numbering from 500 to make themselves appear to be a larger party initially. He was still only member 55 though...

Not that there's any similarities between our Greek friend above and Hitler of course ! :)

I knew eventually someone would bring Hitler into it.

Now you have lost the argument ;).

32 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

I knew eventually someone would bring Hitler into it.

Now you have lost the argument ;).

I was going to bring up the interesting fact that all the "Founding Fathers" ( if you'll pardon the expression) of the Soviet Union were together at a meeting in a run down house in the East End of London, they held party congresses in london in 1903 1905 and 1907 if I remember correctly...  Stalin very nearly got a good kicking when he tried chatting up an Irish girl on one of these occasions too. He was a fan of the London music hall tho, in his favour.

I won't mention it now ;)

Ps don't know what Stalin's membership no. was either...

Edited by Waddo Soqable