Why become a member? ×

Bass Direct

mattbass6

2 hours ago, petecarlton said:

Looking at their latest newsletter, they're no longer saying the new website will be up and running by the end of January - I can't say I'm surprised, must be a helluva task

to spell everything correctly!

And this is incredibly minor but I see it *everywhere* now...it's 'first come, first SERVED', not 'first come, first serve'!

Grrr!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mowf said:

Really sorry if this has already been covered somewhere in the previous 23 pages, but how do I go about entering the sweepstake for when the new BD website will go live?

I've got November.

You will need to state a day in November.  According to their website the only day left for your guess is 31st! 😀

• Haha 3

Another faulty listing. They have a fretless Hofner violin bass listed, which I was quite interested to read about as I have never seen one before.

Link:

Screenshot_20230130_092859_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3678060e293c75082cd984270c455d51.jpg

And here is where you end up when clicking on link (specs underneath mention number of frets etc 🙄)

Screenshot_20230130_092917_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d8e8440d0c4649fbc5aedd83d206ea23.jpg

Edited by Clarky
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Clarky said:

Another faulty listing. They have a fretless Hofner violin bass listed, which I was quite interested to read about as I have never seen one before.

Link:

Screenshot_20230130_092859_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3678060e293c75082cd984270c455d51.jpg

And here is where you end up when clicking on link (specs underneath mention number of frets etc 🙄)

Screenshot_20230130_092917_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d8e8440d0c4649fbc5aedd83d206ea23.jpg

It's just to make sure you know what you're not getting.

• Haha 3

You've got all this wrong. Bassdirect's website inaccuracies is a ploy to drive people to the site. People beach on here and click on the links or go to the website to see for themselves. If there's anything that people like to do, it's point when somebody is wrong. Drive up the traffic, up goes your google ranking.

Win/win.

(Of course, we all know this isn't really the plan... but it's benefiting them through fluke rather than judgement)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Clarky said:

Link:

You need to stop fretting about stuff like this

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

You've got all this wrong. Bassdirect's website inaccuracies is a ploy to drive people to the site. People beach on here and click on the links or go to the website to see for themselves. If there's anything that people like to do, it's point when somebody is wrong. Drive up the traffic, up goes your google ranking.

Win/win.

(Of course, we all know this isn't really the plan... but it's benefiting them through fluke rather than judgement)

Reading between the lines, I think you’re spot on!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to get through to BassDirect recently? I ordered a pre-amp and pickups at the start of January. They pretty quickly sent the preamp but not the pickups. After several messages following up with them they finally told me at the end of Jan the pickups wouldn't be ready until March. I asked if it would be ok to cancel the order and return the preamp. They said yes (although tried to talk me out of it as March is only "a few weeks" away, ignoring the fact it was 1-2 months depending on when in March and I'd already been waiting a full month), but since then they have been ignoring all of my emails asking for an address to return the preamp and when I can expect my refund. I'm worried I'm going to receive the pickups in March and be stuck with them. 

Is it worth trying to refund the order through PayPal, or wait to hear from BassDirect?

Edited by Tait