Jump to content
Alberto Rigoni

Best looking P bass?

Recommended Posts

On 26/03/2020 at 10:20, Lozz196 said:

Black, black, maple:

 

ED3EB897-C4B2-4523-997D-2B06ED396A45.jpeg

Crying out for a Status neck, keep it all black

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Old Man Riva said:

I’m really intrigued by these. Can you give someone who knows nothing about fan-fret basses a crash course in what they’re like?!

The OW P-Bass version looks great, btw!

PM headed your way sir, lest this thread become a gushing wankfest for Dingwall basses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CameronJ said:

@therealting my new Super P4 is the little sibling to yours! On the right of this family shot:

 

3809A734-EF03-45E7-B16C-E572A272EB29.thumb.jpeg.957f13b8f986cd48e9368985a9722bbb.jpeg

How does the Super P4 feel? I love the Super P and the 4 feels like it doesn’t ‘need’ the extended scale length but I do really really like them. The oly/tort would be go to or the Pino-esque colour scheme. I love the neck on the 5 but how’s the profile on the 4 given how difficult it is to encapsulate things like feel in words!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, krispn said:

How does the Super P4 feel? I love the Super P and the 4 feels like it doesn’t ‘need’ the extended scale length but I do really really like them. The oly/tort would be go to or the Pino-esque colour scheme. I love the neck on the 5 but how’s the profile on the 4 given how difficult it is to encapsulate things like feel in words!

Well the low E on the P4 is 34.25” so if anything it’s a reduced scale on the higher strings. It’s a slender neck (I’m used to 5s so that isn’t saying much) though I do know that the Super P4 necks are 42mm at the nut, a few mm chunkier than the Super J4s which are 38mm I believe. Frankly it feels tiny in my mammoth mitts regardless, probably in part due to being narrow front to back at 22mm. Apparently it’s a compound fingerboard radius too - 7 1/2” at the nut to 25” at the bridge.

And it weighs 7lbs 6oz.

No, that’s not a typo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m loving everything about this. Lakland Bob Glaub. What a beautiful thing, sounds killer and used to belong to Nate Mendel. Lush as

81567C1A-AC38-4456-8EA3-09C61F1DAC4E.jpeg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Well the low E on the P4 is 34.25” so if anything it’s a reduced scale on the higher strings. It’s a slender neck (I’m used to 5s so that isn’t saying much) though I do know that the Super P4 necks are 42mm at the nut, a few mm chunkier than the Super J4s which are 38mm I believe. Frankly it feels tiny in my mammoth mitts regardless, probably in part due to being narrow front to back at 22mm. Apparently it’s a compound fingerboard radius too - 7 1/2” at the nut to 25” at the bridge.

And it weighs 7lbs 6oz.

No, that’s not a typo.

Yup it was more if it was a traditional nut width. I can imagine it's nothing but sublime and the weight!! Gotta love the SuperP! My 5er was a superb 3.9kg, 3.4kg (ish) for a 4 string is mad!

Edited by krispn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, walshy said:

I’m loving everything about this. Lakland Bob Glaub. What a beautiful thing, sounds killer and used to belong to Nate Mendel. Lush as

81567C1A-AC38-4456-8EA3-09C61F1DAC4E.jpeg

How on earth did you manage to score that beauty then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lozz196 said:

How on earth did you manage to score that beauty then?

Absolute luck but man its incredible. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bassbiscuits said:

I quite like the look of my own one. 

6D08FC82-73B9-4EEC-8FC6-40509E3B610C.jpeg

Nice...the hat’s a bit suspect...but a nice bass 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

Nice...the hat’s a bit suspect...but a nice bass 😉

Was a very bad hair day man...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Black/Black/Rosewood like the Lakland above also very nice imho.

1556998137_PB01.thumb.jpeg.f0d8c0c56e6f216f745d059c48cbeda6.jpeg

Edited by ead
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this one. Currently up for sale if you want to buy the ultimate P in classic black/maple combo!

 

0E69E2E7-BC9F-4F14-A4A9-DE2805DFA379.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I almost forgot - my 61 with a replacement roasted maple / Brazilian rosewood neck from Bravewood. So beautiful it actually hurts to look at.

B85A6FAE-D32E-47C5-8A58-7915C44E4C71.thumb.jpeg.f8780bef7adc494844369846db584f6b.jpeg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, therealting said:

Oh I almost forgot - my 61 with a replacement roasted maple / Brazilian rosewood neck from Bravewood. So beautiful it actually hurts to look at.

B85A6FAE-D32E-47C5-8A58-7915C44E4C71.thumb.jpeg.f8780bef7adc494844369846db584f6b.jpeg

The neck looks sublime 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2020 at 19:56, Bankai said:

That is very tempting. I couldn't find anything that was trying to do the 'sandberg VM' thing so bought the real deal about two days ago instead. I'd be interested to see how one of those Harley Bentons plays as it may prove a useful backup. Any chance you fancy being Patient Zero for me and picking one up?

I’m strongly considering it, though the old Coronavirus is definitely putting a damper on my willingness to spend money at this time. But there are other opinions out there, such as this guy recently:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ok I'll bite. G&L LB100, I love the slightly smaller body size, and this one has the binding which looks great in the flesh.

0110677C-7E24-4F6A-BEB2-F69DAB1D1585.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@scalpy I like the look of that, very classy. Is it black or very dark red? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Maude said:

@scalpy I like the look of that, very classy. Is it black or very dark red? 

Thank you. Ruby red metallic. Constantly changes shade depending on the lights, she's a keeper!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...