Why become a member? ×

The first song in your first set.

interpol52

How do you open your gigs? Simmer to a boil or a straight up crowd pleaser? I'm aware that we all play in a wide variety of bands but it might be good to hear how people choose their first song.

My new band is actually my old band that has reformed and we have decided to do an entirely new set. We will open with What's So Funny About Peace Love and Understanding by Elvis Costello/Charlie Adam.

Edited by interpol52

As an originals band we start with the first song off of our first album (The Hunted, off of Same sh*t Different City) . It`s a real hard-hitter and lets people know exactly what they`re going to get from us. A bit like that special forces programme I`ve just been watching, hit em hard straightaway and don`t relent at any point at all.

She Sells Sanctuary usually - nice and easy but sets the tempo for the night and settles us in.

And i go for a wander out front to check levels - i can tweak the PA on open string A's if i need to....

Edited by Mudpup

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1485728449' post='3226257']
She Sells Sanctuary usually - nice and easy but sets the tempo for the night and settles us in.

And i go for a wander out front to check levels - i can tweak the PA on open string A's if i need to....
[/quote]
For a song that goes D, C, G, that's quite clever!

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1485732547' post='3226313']
Old band always started with 'go your own way...' by Fleetwood Mac.

Last band was 'Happy' by Pharrell.

New band is starting with 'Rio' by Duran Duran
[/quote]

Go your own way and Rio are my 2 most ripped off basslines!