Why become a member? ×

UK's Best Part-Time Band Dinner

Happy Jack

So ... after a gig at the Dog & Duck, what do you do?

I've done the hamburger thing. I've done the kebab thing.

Now?

Well my favourite is Honey & Banana cake (carbs, sugar high, moist) but that's hard to get these days. So mainly it's Sainsbury's Ginger Cake.

In my younger days it was always a trip to a local Indian restaurant, probably spending most of my earnings
from the gig. Then I went through a pizza phase. And now? Bug*er all, as I find in my advancing years that if
I eat anything substantial late at night I will suffer a food hangover next day. Great getting old ain't it.....

Still do a combination of eat in or takeaway... Indian,Chineese,kebab,Mcdonalds,cheap late night garage sandwiches....No not all at the same time :blink:

Mind you if you take notice of the weight I have put on you would have thought otherwise :lol:

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1465723656' post='3070419']
Anyone else remember The Plaza, Upper Brook St, Manchester?
[/quote]

Good grief !
I remember 'The Plaza Cafe' in that area and the infamous greeting from the manager.
(What a place that was).
So do a few others by the looks of it. :lol:
http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/the-elusive-plaza-cafe-biryani-recipe.106596/

Edited by lowdown

i'm pretty much ready to eat my own leg at 1am after a gig.......
anything will do, my quality control goes out of the window.

however a Lamb shish with chilli and garlic sauce, red cabbage and salad is top of the list

Played a gig at the Midland Hotel in Mcr last night, we asked about food, they said "We'll be serving at about eight, so it'll be either the food or the match". We opted for the match, went to the reception desk at eight to ask where the match was being shown. "We don't have it on anywhere in the hotel, I'm afraid. Oh, and you've missed the food."

So it was Maccy D's at two on the way home... :/

i Pack up, drive home, and hope that 'er in doors has treated herself to a takeaway and saved me a bit. I'm so hungry, and still buzzin' from the gig, I don't even reheat it, just guzzle it cold, swilled down with a suitably chilled bottle of Bud or Miller..... Second on the list is a few scoops of Ben and Jerries ice cream....just to get a bit of sugar back in my blood stream...