Why become a member? ×

OUTRO chords that sends shivers down your spine!!!

barneyg42

We have the intro thread so here's the outro......any track, not confined to album ends! Whatever floats your boat!

I was thinking along the lines of Comfortably Numb et al, that soaring lead solo over that classic backing.
So for me I end up going to my favourite album (you may have noticed before) Crime of the Century by Supertramp.

Title track, and the last track. Simple little piano riff gradually building with strings to a roaring sax solo which then fades gloriously into the distance!!!
Total musical joy for me!

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1449398243' post='2923102']
Hendrix - Axis Bold As Love. Great bit of flanging
[/quote]

I was going to suggest when the theme returns at the end of 3rd stone from the sun. Terrified me when I first heard it as a 13 year old listening to my Walkman in the dark.

Crashing bass feedback from the great J. Casady end this shortish piece (ends at 2m00..). It may sound familiar to some involved with the Composition Challenge this month. ;)

[media]http://youtu.be/sa5yFYyZuSg[/media]

Glorious stuff...

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1449401216' post='2923136']
As soon as I read the title of this thread one song came to mind, Steve Hackett's Shadow of the Heirophant. All the more poignant that he is still alive and able to play it.

[media]http://youtu.be/6SEgJtq2JjU[/media]
[/quote]You sir, have taste!