Why become a member? ×

Motorhead, Philthy Phil.

steve-soar

Just saw this trending on Twitter - I am shocked, and saddened.

Perhaps the only band I started with as a 13 year old, and still adore today as much.

I read sometime back that he was not in the best of health, and had returned to the UK after some years living in America.

RIP Philthy - a true one of a kind.

I just sent this message to a Local mod:

[i]It might be nice to have an 'In Memoriam' subforum. Known bass players and other sundry musicians have been dying quite a lot lately and neither General Discussion or Off Topic quite seem to do them justice.[/i]

[i]Regards,
Ben.[/i]

Edited by colgraff

[quote name='colgraff' timestamp='1447352423' post='2907014']
I just sent this message to a Local mod:

[i]It might be nice to have an 'In Memoriam' subforum. Known bass players and other sundry musicians have been dying quite a lot lately and neither General Discussion or Off Topic quite seem to do them justice.[/i]

[i]Regards,
Ben.[/i]
[/quote]

Good idea.

Years ago, I was walking down Fleet Street on a Friday afternoon , taking the company petty cash from my job to coutts & co.
I had long hair down mu back, and was wearing my ace of spades tour t shirt . This was the period when fast Eddie quit.
Anyway, as soon as Phil saw me, he scarpered into a bookshop in Chancery Lane . Miserable bastard I thought .;) Lemmy chatted to me for about half an hour tho'.
Not the kind of thing you expect meeting your heroes at 2.30 on a Friday afternoon ;)
I don't do hero worship anymore ;)
Rip Phil

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE