Why become a member? ×

Beware of Mr Baker

bonzodog

[quote name='Bikenbass' timestamp='1436440844' post='2818134']
Great talent, but he comes across as a thoroughly unlikeable man. It would break my heart to have a Son of mine regret me being his Father.
[/quote]

Yes thats the bit I was uncomfortable with. Felt really sorry for his son.

Edited by bonzodog

[quote name='Bikenbass' timestamp='1436440844' post='2818134']
Great talent, but he comes across as a thoroughly unlikeable man.
[/quote]

So often are the unlikeable also talented. Apparently I'm fairly amiable, so what does that tell you? :lol:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1436443216' post='2818170']
So often are the unlikeable also talented. Apparently I'm fairly amiable, so what does that tell you? :lol:
[/quote]

At least you're amiable - I'm a total **** & I've got no talent whatsoever..... :D

Shocking film, backed up by a few anecdotes I've heard from people who've met him. Normally I think john Lydon is pretty spot with his surmises (honestly I do!) but this time I thought he was way off. I agree more with Clark terry, who there's another documentary about on Netflix who says someone plays like their personality.

[quote name='squire5' timestamp='1436393502' post='2817891']
He's an ornery old cuss when he gets annoyed though.Did he end up clobbering the interviewer at the end.Did I get that right?
[/quote]

I did feel for his son. His son reached out to him, Baker senior initially let his son into his life, then just left him.

[quote name='Jazzneck' timestamp='1436463453' post='2818392']
Any of you met Jack Bruce when he was having a bad day?
[/quote]
He lived in Suffolk . Not many of his neighbours had good words to say about him . Had a mate who was there once , and was quite shocked at the animosity towards him .

I watched it last night. He is not a person I would like to be around to be honest. Way too unpredictable in his behaviour. One moment he seems like a guy you can have a laugh and a joke with and the next moment hit you with a walking stick. A very volatile man, but god damn...what a drummer! Can't help but think after I watched the doc that he is his own worse enemy.

After reading the reviews here and on another forum I went looking for the programme on iPlayer and discovered that it was part of a series. So now I've watched the two previous episodes about the architect Frank Gehry and the artist Jeff Koons, who seem to got it the right way around - produce controversial work but be a relatively nice human being.

To state that Baker was a different class to John Bonham almost made me drop my beer. Think it was Clapton that said it. Baker always struck me as a complete tool and nothing in the film changed my opinion of him. Thoroughly unpleasant bloke.