Why become a member? ×

Straps/Basses..?

Donnyboy

Same one for all - though that`s cos all my basses are Precisions so sit in the same place. When I had Epi Thunderbirds and Precisions it was a different strap for each type as they sat in different places.

I have four basses and I have three straps, that were custom made. They're all exactly my preferred length. I find that having the same length for all basses keeps them in my 'sweet spot' for comfort and playability.

I have two straps that I use. Both are black (go with anything) Comfort Strapps and have Schaller strap locks attached (as do all of my basses), but on one the neck end lock is fitted in reverse for attaching to my Thunderbird.

I have several of the same strap (Neotech) because I like 'em and they're the only strap I've found that makes some of my boat anchors/black hole centres tolerable. One of my basses has straplocks (done by previous owner) so it has its own strap.

I have a strap for each bass: mostly Planet Waves with the moving shoulder pad, although my main bass (Geddy Lee sig Jazz, black and white) has got the Eagle Mountain SRV103B as seen on the cover of Texas Flood. (I copied Tom Herbert from Polar Bear/Electric Ladyland etc before realising SRV used one as well)

All secured by Grolsch bottle washers of course

I have one strap with 3 different basses with all the same strap locks on.

This is the strap I use:

[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Planet-Waves-Inch-Guitar-Strap/dp/B0002F6UA2/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1432906731&sr=8-13&keywords=planet+waves+guitar+strap"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Planet-Waves-Inch-Guitar-Strap/dp/B0002F6UA2/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1432906731&sr=8-13&keywords=planet+waves+guitar+strap[/url]

Its great for a heavy bass.

I've got several (Mrs S would say "too many") basses
Each has its' own strap
Mainly because each bass is slightly different, and has different balance, weight & feel

So for instance, I tend to feel more comfortable, playing my J bass a little higher up than my P bass(es)
I've been pretty boring re choice of colour - most of my straps are black
Some straps also feel more comfortable on one particular bass......

My main basses have Mono straps on them. One each as my Dingwall has strap locks on it. That has a short mono on it's longgest position, my Fender jazz has a long Mono on it's shortest setting. Next time I buy a strap it'll be a Mono medium...

Each of my regular use basses has its own strap but this is mostly dictated by the hardware on the bass. Some are more colour/ design orientated though:

White Ritter has a flashy white leather strap with gold Schaller strap locks

Tobacco burst Ritter has a black leather Ritter prototype strap with black Dunlops (one reversed because of the body design)

Gold Lull has a dark blue Mono with nickel Dunlops

Dark Cherry burst Sadowsky NYC has a Black Harvest with chrome Schallers

DCB Sadowsky Metro is the heaviest and has a Comfort strap with chrome Schallers

Black Status has a short Comfort strap with black Schallers

There's a couple of vintage Fenders that get whatever strap is lying around without strap locks on, lol

Only had one bass up until recentlybut had a spare strap lying around and each strap has it's own bass (mainly dictated by "the more comfortable strap goes on the heavy bass").

They both have different branded straplocks so it'd be a pain switching them every time I wanted to take the other bass out.

All my basses have Schaller strap-locks, except for the Sandberg, which has clever strap buttons that work with or without a strap-lock. Single Comfort Strapp for them all, spare wide leather strap just in case.

All my instruments - basses and guitars - have a strap for each one. I also have custom made straps for some of them, such as yhese ostrich leather ones (made for me by Martin Pryce Leather Artisan)

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/kevin_lindsay/media/FB_IMG_1432937647656_1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/kevin_lindsay/FB_IMG_1432937647656_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]