Why become a member? ×

On your last gig, which number went down the best?

leschirons

We have found that Kayleigh bombed :( , tried it a number of times aswell , the Jam stuff goes down quite well but yes..

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1427646973' post='2732661']
I think it was probably Sweet Home Alabama or 500 Miles on Friday, it was that sort of band and that sort of venue :D
[/quote]

They both got them properly bouncing , even though we only 'jam' 500 miles , oh and Bryan Adams every time :(

Shout - Lulu, this is consistently our number that goes down best. We have just started playing Ed Sheran - Thinking out Loud, this is getting a very good reception with a lot of couples getting up for a slow dance .......

Jas

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1427723939' post='2733452']
Me too.
[/quote]

Same.

We also get a great recption for our "80s cheese" section, consisting of
* Gold - Spandau Ballet
* Hold The Line - Toto
* Dont You Want Me Baby - Human League

We always try to take a few requests whenever we book in a wedding.
These were chosen for one wedding and we dreaded playing them.
They had the best reception of the night, and have continued on in that trend.
We feel like we cant drop them now!

Edited by FuNkShUi

Flip Flop and Fly - at breakneck speed with walking bass part, strident brass and harmonica parts and Ott solos - strangely I can sing harmonies on this without screwing up the bass part.

Also close to the response - Tainted Love - hybrid rockabilly cum Soft Cell version - goes down a storm possibly because everyone in the audience knows the words and can bawl them out after a few (especially women)!!

I think this is VERY crowd / place dependent we try to recon a place a bit before we set our mind on a set.
For our recent gig to a bunch or 20-30 something media types the biggest hitter was, a song i did not expect.

Its All been done before - Barenaked ladies , annoying as my band force me to take lead vocals on it.
whereas i normally get to avoid having a mic at all. Apparently i'm a vocal doppelganger. >.< its a killer on the voice .

We did a bit of a late 90's early 00's bit at our last gig , this followed by a googoo dolls double of iris and slide and finishing with Everlong by the foo's

Edited by synthaside