Why become a member? ×

Best colour for a P

JamesBass

Been in contact with Mark from LimeLight the past few days and saldy he's unable to make me a 60s P with light relicing in 3TS, though he does offer it in what I'd call EXTREME relic levels! So I'm now having to decide on an alternative colour or go for an alternative bass. So help me out here BassChat!

60s P? Aged white/blonde, rosewood neck, tort guard.
Or washed-out sonic blue (over fiesta red), mint guard and rosewood neck (with ashtrays),

Or you could go 70s and have Lake Placid Blue, rosewood neck, parchment guard (with ashtrays).
Or Aged Oly White, black guard and one-piece maple neck.

Edited by discreet

Already have a maple necked Oly white P with black SP, so looking for something else colour wise. Like I said I did want a 3TSB but sadly that's not possible if I get a Limelight!

Other than limelights, what's out there that does that 60s vibe really well?

[quote name='JamesBass' timestamp='1420127911' post='2645869']
Been in contact with Mark from LimeLight the past few days and saldy he's unable to make me a 60s P with light relicing in 3TS, though he does offer it in what I'd call EXTREME relic levels! So I'm now having to decide on an alternative colour or go for an alternative bass. So help me out here BassChat!
[/quote]

Im curious, Did he say why, he can do a 3TS but only in extreme?
Is that because he already has one in stock?

I'm in the same boat but for a jazz. The new bass budget took a bit of a car related hit so I've had more time to think about it. I think this is the problem when you have lots of choice, I just can't make my mind up. My possibles are:

Oly White/Rw/tort - love this combo, the only thing stopping me is the chance to get something a bit different. Still not sure if that's wise or not.
Sonic blue/Rw/red tort and matched headstock.
Capri orange w/Rw/black w matched headstock.

Or at least that was my shortlist until that pink jazz went up on the site. A bit too much wear above the pups for my taste, but it does look superb.

Too much choice.......

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1420127971' post='2645871']
60s P? Aged white/blonde, rosewood neck, tort guard.
Or washed-out sonic blue (over fiesta red), mint guard and rosewood neck (with ashtrays),

Or you could go 70s and have Lake Placid Blue, rosewood neck, parchment guard (with ashtrays).
Or Aged Oly White, black guard and one-piece maple neck.

[/quote]

+4 ;)