Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

22 hours ago, garyt said:

They’re great.  Playing drums with human 🦴 is just so cool. 

Have you heard Wardruna and Myrkur ?  Similar vibe.  

Just been googling. Another one called Skald, one of their vids getting 35 million views. Guess this whole scene could get pretty big with The Northman likely to be one of this year's blockbusters

I'm listening to a band called Momma.  They've been going a few years but their output is quite low (two albums a couple of singles).  

We listen to a Boston MA indie station called WFNX 101.7, they've had a few things played on there...they're a bit like Veruca Salt/The Breeders.  Which isn't a bad thing.

Like their countrymen Yello, Swiss band The Young Gods were way ahead of the curve back in the 80s and into the 90s for that matter. Probably bit off-kilter for most as they didn't have a standard line-up or methods of making music. Still, they were great. Check out L'eau Rouge, TV Sky and Only Heaven.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

Like their countrymen Yello, Swiss band The Young Gods were way ahead of the curve back in the 80s and into the 90s for that matter. Probably bit off-kilter for most as they didn't have a standard line-up or methods of making music. Still, they were great. Check out L'eau Rouge, TV Sky and Only Heaven.

Love Young Gods!! Amazing live.

Jesu Død

En skikkelse lå der på bakken
Så vond at de blomster rundt visnet
En dyster sjel lå der på bakken
Så kald at alt vann ble til is

En skygge da falt over skogen
Da skikkelsens sjel visnet bort
For skikkelsens sjel var en skygge
En skygge av vondskapens makt

And for once Google translate actually did a pretty decent job (I corrected a few words though):

Death of Jesus

A figure lay there on the ground
So woeful that the flowers around withered
A gloomy soul lay there on the hilltop
So cold that all water turned to ice

A shadow then fell over the forest
As the soul of the figure withered away
For the soul of the figure was a shadow
A shadow of the power of evil

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

Ewan, guitarist and co founder of my longest-standing covers band, is also in an originals band Scotia 630 and they released their 3rd album today Forgetting Time, which I've been having a listen through today. Always find it super-impressive when any of my bandmates come up with something as creative and polished as this! 

Ewan particularly recommends the title track (which has some superb lyrics) Forgetting Time by Scotia630 (soundcloud.com)

And also the third track, but I very much enjoyed listening to the whole album today (available via Amazon Music & Soundcloud).