Why become a member? ×

Isnt it nice to meet BC members for real?

witterth

Actually quite surprised at how many regulars have met only a few other Basschatters face to face.

You're missing out, guys. I must have met at least 50 other regulars here, plenty of them on many occasions, and it has always, without exception, been a complete pleasure.

If you have access to some sort of rehearsal space, you could do a lot worse than to PM half a dozen who are local to you and invite them round for a mini-BassBash.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1389460813' post='2334410']
the more basschatters I meet the more i realise I'm a really bad bass player...
[/quote]

This :)

EDIT: but everyone I have met has been a lovely chap or chapess, we're all a bloody lovely bunch aren't we :D

Edited by Merton

I am really not a people person in general but I have met 2 basschatters from here now and I enjoyed it I now regard those people as personal friends and think very highly of them as they have made me realise the real world may not be such a bad place lol but I would like to meet a few more basschatters I have had some great PM convos with a few of the guys on here and have always wondered how we would click in the real world :)

I play guitar in a band which has had two basschatters on bass. When I joined, it was LawrenceH, and when he moved down south he was replaced by McNach. That's not a huge sample of the forum, but both are nice dudes and good bassists. I'm pretty sure basschatters have a higher throughput of basses and gear than other bassists though, as most of the non forum using bassists I know are one-bass guys.

I'm glad to say that I've met many BCers through doing deals, at Bashes and at the LBGS. Great opportunity to talk to people with similar interests and who aren't bored about talking instruments and technique...

Looking forward to meeting more at the LBGS in March...

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1389555512' post='2335510']
I am really not a people person in general but I have met 2 basschatters from here now and I enjoyed it I now regard those people as personal friends and think very highly of them as they have made me realise the real world may not be such a bad place lol
[/quote]

This is sooo great to read!
People on the Gentle Giant e-mail list On-Reflection say the same stuff, and unsurprisingly, BC and On-Reflection have a lot in common.

I was making noises about having one in Northampton ([url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/187294-midlands-bass-bash-2013/"]http://basschat.co.u...bass-bash-2013/[/url]) but I didn't get around
to doing anything about it. Re-reading my thread the consensus is build it and they will come (maybe :))

PM me if you want to collaborate this year on one.

[quote name='Si600' timestamp='1389602321' post='2335877']
I was making noises about having one in Northampton ([url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/187294-midlands-bass-bash-2013/"]http://basschat.co.u...bass-bash-2013/[/url]) but I didn't get around
to doing anything about it. Re-reading my thread the consensus is build it and they will come (maybe :))

[/quote]

I'd definitely pop along if it was in Northampton, could bring a few vintage Fenders and amps too if there was any interest. (I didnt see the original thread). Not sure if I'd have time to help set it up, I barely have time to sh*t these days, but would be happy to give my opinion and feedback on likely venues etc?

[quote name='Si600' timestamp='1389602321' post='2335877']

[/quote]

Leicester looks like a good central location. Is that too far for you?

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1389602916' post='2335886']

I'd definitely pop along if it was in Northampton, could bring a few vintage Fenders and amps too if there was any interest. (I didnt see the original thread). Not sure if I'd have time to help set it up, I barely have time to sh*t these days, but would be happy to give my opinion and feedback on likely venues etc?
[/quote]

Wish it was further north - there's been two in Nottingham

All the Bc Folk I have met have been very nice indeed

The thing that always surprises me about the whole meeting up thing is how so many of us pay a visit to see Howard (Bass Doc) yet I've never bumped into another basschatter whilst there! I thought it would be like a hub for meeting other basschatters.

Agree with all the comments about how lovely other basschatters are when I've met them. All genuinely lovely guys and girls :-)

Edited by skej21

As everyone else is saying BC members are all wonderful people to meet in real life.

I think I have met most of the Nottingham members either at the local bashes or at gigs and a surprising number of others who have been good enough to come and support the Terrortones when we've been out and about. Thank you all!