Why become a member? ×

ding :(

throwoff

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1383956405' post='2271397']
Scars tell stories mate.
[/quote]

Yes.

Once upon a time there was a handsome Prince of Slough. Full of pride he was with his custom built La Cabronita P bass. One merry morn he verily and forsooth decided to f*** about with it on the kitchen table.
Upon his fiddling he'd neglected to regard a steel ruler in the cupboardington above his mighty feasting table. Whilst on a quest for beeswax or some other such nonsense yon verily ruler made a hasty escape from lofty shelf and yea verily did fall and twat the back of the Princes matte blacken nitro P body, delivering it an indelible blow.

And yea did the Prince rail at the Gods for the misfortune dealt upon him..

'For f***s sake, I've only had the **** a week and I've dinged the bastard already!'

And they all lived happily ever after.

my p bass was pristine till my compressor pedal pedal fell on it these things happen im afraid
i actually prefer basses with a bit of wear these days i had a g&l that was so spanky looking i was afraid to use it so sold on in the end.
and i also used to get worked up about my car getting dinked now i drive a 1990 mx5 and couldnt give a sh*t :lol:

The first ding/scratch/scuff hurts the worst, after that you're not so precious about it but you also learn a bit more about taking care.

I always hate it if someone else makes the first mark on anything of mine, much better if it's me really!

Edited by andydye

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1383958722' post='2271414']
Yes.

Once upon a time there was a handsome Prince of Slough. Full of pride he was with his custom built La Cabronita P bass. One merry morn he verily and forsooth decided to f*** about with it on the kitchen table.
Upon his fiddling he'd neglected to regard a steel ruler in the cupboardington above his mighty feasting table. Whilst on a quest for beeswax or some other such nonsense yon verily ruler made a hasty escape from lofty shelf and yea verily did fall and twat the back of the Princes matte blacken nitro P body, delivering it an indelible blow.

And yea did the Prince rail at the Gods for the misfortune dealt upon him..

'For f***s sake, I've only had the **** a week and I've dinged the bastard already!'

And they all lived happily ever after.
[/quote]

Genius. Wouldn't it be a thing if it was compulsory to talk like this, innit.
P

Edited by NancyJohnson

It's done now and as much as I know the pain you can at least proceed without the worry of the first ding always in the back of your mind. Our instruments are tools and are meant to be used, this means wear; it's all good.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1384005442' post='2271800']
FWP. Now it's done you can stop worrying about it. The next will be easier.
[/quote]

Yeah this. If you happen to have this bass after 10 or 20 or more years of gigging you'll look fondly upon the dings. The first one is a bit cringey, but, there is nothing cooler than a proper 'roadworn' Precision!

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1384005043' post='2271792']
New double bass, first gig, lighting rig.....fill in the gaps :)
[/quote]Been there; new Lakland, mic head, back of neck = corrugation around the 12th fret. Hey ho.