Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.7, Surrey, Saturday 21st September 2013

silverfoxnik

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1379803783' post='2217014']
But seriously (folks), looking forward to your always-fab photos Silvia.

Regarding the day, I especially enjoyed the Q&A with Paul and Dave - very inspirational.

And my favourite moment of the day was being able to tell Dave Swift to be quiet (during my inept talk on DB). Yes, me, blagging rubbish bass player telling 23 year pro Dave Swift to be quiet. Still makes me giggle. He was so nice about it too. There's a message there. Nice people do well
[/quote]

Yes, that was a good one Clarky.

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1379841306' post='2217163']
Coffee'd up now, :)
Ped, Kiwi, nice to meet you guys and have a quick chat, never even mentioned all the sterling work you do for us in the basschat community, very remiss of me. Kiwi did ya find your lead?
Lozz tnx for grabbing my stand I left behind, will cya at the Crauford arms!
[/quote]
Hey Oops, it was a pleasure to meet you also. I found the cable in my laptop bag...under something else. I spent most of my time in the jam room but am starting to regret not spending more time in the main hall. Some amazing pieces of kit there.

[quote name='urb' timestamp='1379839953' post='2217145']
Morning All,

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came to hear my talk - I know I covered a lot of ground and as such felt I was perhaps rushing along which is just how it is if you have 45mins to explain stuff that I've developed over many years - so if you have any further questions etc please ping me a message and I'll be happy to try and explain things further. Next year I'm open to suggestions for what I might be able to cover - personally I'd love to bring my laptop electro-jazz thing to the bash - maybe with either a drummer of trumpeter friend of mine - got some work to do on that but hey I've got a year...

Thanks again for listening to me and hopefully it was useful-ish

Mike
[/quote]
Really enjoyed your talk Mike, made a lot of sense in terms of what you do on your YouTube channel :).

What a good day.

Thanks to Colin and Nik (any others?) for organising the bash, and as always, many thanks to Ped and Kiwi for BC.

It was good to meet everyone, and catch up with Dave's (OBBM) band woes. I had to leave early so didn't get around trying much. The new Barefaced cabs look good and the couple I heard sounded great.

The Dave and Paul talk was a great idea, although I missed a lot of it. How about Phil Mulford, Guy Pratt (if he's still talking to us) or Dave Swift again, for next year.

Can I make a suggestion for next year's bash..... put all the rigs in the middle of the room, facing out. My ears are still ringing!

That was awesome! Manic as ever, wish I could have been there earlier, wish I'd brought some more of the Barefaced team (although the car was full of cabs...) Completely failed to tell everyone that we had T-shirts available and apologies to those trying other rigs when certain individuals were giving the new Generation Three cabs a whirl at slightly antisocial SPL! ;) Great to see/meet everyone I saw, though I'm disappointed to see quite how many were there who I know that I didn't chat to. Hamster and I agreed we need a 48 hour day next time.

Wow, what a fantastic day!! Just to add to the thanks to the Hamsters, Nik et al for the wonderful organisation as usual! What an amazing turnout and what a fantastic total to go to charity. Like Bluejay (although nowhere near as many and as good quality) I have a load of photos to upload, just a matter of finding the time! Loved the little Ampeg mini stack in the corner and also Fat Riches pair of Statii, especially the blue fretless!! Dave and Paul's Q and A was most enlightening and what a smashing down to earth pair of blokes they are. I'm currently still in bed recovering from a late night wedding gig last night too, it's been a great weekend so far what with Level 42 on Friday as well. As I was about to pack up a slap fight developed between Leetav, Henbarn and Tom, it was like being in the trenches.....very amusing though!! Good to see some old faces, Nige, Happy Jack, Billy Apple to mention just a few and good to meet some new. Big big thanks to Alex for getting me an FB (fat bastard) size Barefaced t-shirt made up......Basschat take the hint!!!!

What a splendid day :) As always it's great putting faces to names, and hanging out with a big ol bunch of really lovely people. Had a great time in the jam room, really enjoyed Dave Swift and Paul Geary's talk, playing OBBM's 1970s Fenders, nice to meet Kiwi at last. Thanks so much to Hamster and Mrs Hamster, Nik, and everyone else involved in setting up the Bash, top work!

I'm amazed to have won the Fender Squier VM Jag HB !! I had just bought some tickets before the raffle was held, and Timmo got the first ticket, he had the Orange amp cos he's a lefty, then Green 461 was called, I thought my tickets looked blue so I didn't react, then when no-one claimed it they called "NIGEL!" I was looking around for another Nigel while the people behind me were laughing because they could see my winning ticket in my hand :lol: It was finally pointed out to me I'd won and I received my amazing prize from Dave Swift and Paul Geary and Throwoff. Thanks so much to Throwoff for asking Fender UK to donate the prize. It's a lovely bass! I have to write and record one more bass line for an album by one of the artists I work with and I'm going to use the Jag, it's a dubby sort of line and the Jag has a massive tone thanks to the active circuit, so it should sound great!

Once again, thank you!

Edited by xilddx

what did mrs hamster put in the coffee??? :o i had three cups and felt absolutely bloody wired to the moon :lol:

thanks to all the organisers for an entertaining day out :D

and judging by the numbers on display i'd imagine rob green and alex claber would be very pleased with the status and barefaced presence!

Edited by steve-bbb

For me, yesterday's lesson was that less is more. Next year, I will bring no basses and no amps/cabinets.

In fact, I will just bring myself and I will spend the entire day listening to fascinating talks by people I respect, and playing fabulous instruments that I will never own, and talking to people I don't get to spend enough time with.

And I will drink more tea. Maybe I'll eat more pastries too.

B)

Hi all, what a smashing event. met some lovely peeps, drank too much coffee, ate far too many doughnuts and my ears are still ringing, the perfect day out.
Thanks to all those who stopped by to check out my nerdy ramblings both on and off the stage and try the MultiAmp for yourselves, if you have any questions just mail me one here and I'll be happy help. to the chap who was asking about the DI spkr modelling I really will chase Italy about the answer to that, mail me so I can contact you when I know.
Thanks to all the organiser for a brilliant job, well done! Please be kind with the photo selections, the doughnuts are showing!
Looking forward to the next one, take care y'all.
Bryn

Another big thanks from me to Colin, Nick and all who helped out to make it a great day and the best BassBash I have been to.
It was great to catch up with those BC'ers I know and to be able to put more faces to names.

Sadly my Matamp GT200 & Barefaced 69er GAS is now up a notch :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Jon.

P.S. Here's hoping the picture of me with Macdaddy's Zebra finished Hamer Explorer bass surfaces :o :lol:

Wow! What a fab day :)

Thanks to everyone who came yesterday and to everyone who either worked behind the scenes to make it happen or who gave a talk/workshop.

Loads of people gave either their time, support, ideas, knowledge/experience, donations, general goodwill etc, etc -it was just brilliant!

Sorry about the SNAFU with the tombola and things over-running; as Jack's already said, 'less is more', so we'll try and get that right next year.

I didn't get to see much gear, but obbm's Sadowsky, smaz's Fender fretless and the new Barefaced cabs were amazing!!

Got to thank especially, Walbassist for sorting out the action on my Blade B15 and Doug who helped us set up at 9am - cheers guys.

Plus Matt from Admiral Roadside Assistance who helped me to get home after I stupidly locked myself out of my car as I was just about to leave...

And really cool to see Kiwi again after so long too..

Here's to next year already :)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1379853702' post='2217404']
Wow! What a fab day :)

Thanks to everyone who came yesterday and to everyone who either worked behind the scenes to make it happen or who gave a talk/workshop.

Loads of people gave either their time, support, ideas, knowledge/experience, donations, general goodwill etc, etc -it was just brilliant!

Sorry about the SNAFU with the tombola and things over-running; as Jack's already said, 'less is more', so we'll try and get that right next year.

I didn't get to see much gear, but obbm's Sadowsky, smaz's Fender fretless and the new Barefaced cabs were amazing!!

Got to thank especially, Walbassist for sorting out the action on my Blade B15 and Doug who helped us set up at 9am - cheers guys.

Plus Matt from Admiral Roadside Assistance who helped me to get home after I stupidly locked myself out of my car as I was just about to leave...

And really cool to see Kiwi again after so long too..

Here's to next year already :)
[/quote]
I reckon next year's will be a cracker :) Will you be uploading any pics you took yesterday Nik?