Why become a member? ×

Most useful pedals on your board

tonyquipment

As it suggests, what are the most useful and absolutely necessary pedals on your board? I.e. if they broke prior to gig with no backup = you are fked.

Mine probably are TU3/LMB3/SYB3 and maybe CEB3

but quintessentially the LMB3 if I had to choose one pedal to take.

It makes my signal red hot and brickwalled. Just the way I like it. :)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1367746145' post='2068888']
Tuner.

Octave down.

Low Pass Filter.

Moog MP-201 - I'd this broke I would cry.
[/quote]

Lol rarer than rare those.

For me. Tuner and Comp

Can go without both drives if I had to, which in turn makes thenLS-2 redundant. Hoping that'll change with a new band/project though.

Obviously power supply is important, although strictly not a pedal.

Tuner, Thumpinator (as it's the only buffer in my chain and it does its thing well), OD and compression (I could live without this but I always like to have a decent compressor at hand as it can prove invaluable in some situations). I like a little touch of grit for some songs I do and it helps fill the sound out a bit for when our guitarist drops out to solo.

If all the pedals on my board were to break apart from one, I'd want that one to be the Zoom B3. I use the tuner on it all the time, and all the other effects that I use seperate ones for like compression, sansamp, drive, I can get very decent versions of with it.

Well I only have one, which is the Zoom B3, so that`s my most important.

I use it for tuner, compression, amp modelling (it`s got the same amp on it as my own, Markbass Little Mark 2 so I have same sound through this in case of going FOH or using provided rigs) and some drive.

I would play without FX if needed but the essentials for live performance would be the Pitchblack and Multicomp (always on), but the octaver and wah are part of my sound and fundamental in a lot of the lines i play in my current band (soul/funk). The drive/fuzz is the only one i could live without.

Tuner, Sansamp, overdrive and noise reducer. If any of these failed on me, I'd be pretty screwed. I have two overdrive pedals on my board, configured to more or less the same sound so I'm covered for that. I'd be lost without the Sansamp though.

Edited by TomWIC

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1367918558' post='2070879']
Well I only have one, which is the Zoom B3, so that`s my most important.
[/quote]

Car bill means I've had to sell some stuff, leaving me with just the B3! Pre & dirt pedal/sims a must for me at the moment.

Edited by MarshallBTB

I don't think there's any pedal I couldn't gig without. Those who can't live without a pedal tuner are worrying me.

What's most useful though: Boss OC-2, Bugbrand Bugcrusher, Octavius Squeezer, SFX Loop Logic. In that order. Without any of the previous three I wouldn't need the Loop Logic but it's a fantastic little utility box that makes all the others much more useful.

• 2 weeks later...

For me definately the EBS multicomp, im now on my third one and have had two different EBS heads with it built in,its been part of my sound for the last 10 years.
Also an Octave (owned OC2,OC3,EBS octabass and Aguilar Octamiser) my favourite effect. I suppose my tuner as ive always uesd one, i could manage without though :P
I could live without other effects although i do love em :D