Why become a member? ×

I'm in a Band!!

seashell

Forgive me for indulging myself with a separate thread about this, but I am dead chuffed and wanted to share the details.
I have finally got meself in a band :) How it happened was this:

A friend and work colleague played bass with this band, but left them on good terms to go onto something a bit more musically challenging. So they were looking for a bass player and he put in a good word for me.

I went to have a bit of a jam with them last night and all went well. They are, shall I say, 'enthusuastic amateurs' and perhaps somewhat 'under-rehearsed'. But this was a massive boost for my confidence, as I quickly realised that I would be able to hold my own with them fairly easily. So for the very first time, I was not paralysed with fear at playing in front of other people and managed to relax and really give it some welly. Consequently played a lot better than usual.

We played a few rock and blues standards for an hour, at the end of which they asked me if I had enjoyed it. I said yes and 'well,, what's next guys, are you going to let me know?'. The singer laughed and said ' I think it's realy sweet that you even asked that, of course you're in if you want to be'!!

So the next step in my musical career has been taken. Onwards and upwards!! :D :D

Oh No! Are my strings right is my tone cutting through the mix can I carry this amp upstairs every gig do I need a strap should I sing backing where d[i]o I [/i]stand what plectrums do I need,do I need plectrums at all,what about pedals and a tuner I thought this was in Eminor? Aaaaaaaaarghhh.
Congratulations, you are going to really enjoy it!
MM

[b]YAY!! WELL DONE, SHELL!! \m/ \m/[/b]

Next step - first gig, which will be fearful and chaotic. 'Aaargh! Why did I even [i]agree[/i] to this??' ...you'll be thinking.
Closely followed by, 'Aaargh! That was totally +AWESOME+!! AGAIN! AGAIN!!' :lol:

Let us know when your first gig is! I'll start collecting the vegetables...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1341310279' post='1716637']
Let us know when your first gig is! I'll start collecting the vegetables...
[/quote]

It's all right, they are already in the band, lol, :lol: :lol:

Many thanks everyone for your encouragement. I'm madly busy at work today so can't reply individually, but you are all really great for helping me celebrate this!!!

BC'ers rock!!

It is really good news you have found a band and you are happy with it.

One slight note of caution, I have always found it best for me musically when I join a band and every member is miles better than me. Yes it is daunting and you feel uncomfortable but ultimately you will pull you socks up harder, practice for longer and make the journey to their level much quicker.

I guess it depends on your ambition and goals.