Why become a member? ×

NEW ANTIGUA FENDER MODELS!

Shockwave

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1338674124' post='1678018']
The J has dots... is the only way. Then again some like blocks, so come on Fender, you have cnc machines, the cost difference between blocks and dots is pence. Both should be offered :) Question is will it craze like 70s finish, and do you want crazing or not?
[/quote]

The 70s Antigua finish was a thick layer of gloop. It doesn't craze.

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1338670856' post='1677964']
Actually, looking at the pics, it appears that the Jazz has a bullet truss rod adjuster, but the Precision looks to have one of those awful fake truss rod adjusters. My Road Worn Strat has one of those fake paint things. Great guitar, but I feel uncomfortable about that part of it.
[/quote]

The Precision seems to have has a walnut truss plug, which is normal for a maple-necked 70s P...?

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1338677621' post='1678066']
Not my thing at all. I can understand why they don't bring this finish out too often. Just Google'd Antigua, and apart from the Caribbean Island, it also means ancient in Spanish. So maybe it some sort of ancient-y antique-y finish... Looks like frosted icing to me.
[/quote]

IIRC, it was supposed to be a blue / grey burst. But it went wrong, and they kept it like that.

[quote name='John Schoen' timestamp='1338698544' post='1678138']
Wasn't JJ Burnel's green bass antigua too?
[/quote]

No.

By the way, here's the one I used to have:

Edited by wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1338708671' post='1678160']
By the way, here's the one I used to have:

[/quote]

It's amazing how much better that finish looks when the neck has block inlays...

I hate the look of the new ones, but I'd be all over that like a tramp on chips!

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1338709458' post='1678165']
...I'd be all over that like a tramp on chips!
[/quote]

:lol: Classic. But I wouldn't. It looks like a perfectly good sunburst jazz died in unfortunate circumstances and then somehow came back as a weird ghost... on acid. Ooh look, nine o'clock, time for my first meds of the day! *puts on kilt and fez*

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1338679081' post='1678082']
Epic win for you sir!
[/quote]

I work in some right dirty beggers houses and these basses remind me of a fridge door thats had grubby hands on the edges for years and years without being cleaned, I'd expect a smell of cat piss when you open the case?

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1338668193' post='1677922']
Apart from the Fender V are there any other instruments they haven't re-released? The Fender Elite series...?
[/quote]
Coronado Series
[url="http://cdn1.gbase.com/usercontent/gear/3016978/p3_uu1f05nmu_so.jpg"]Starcaster Bass[/url] (okay, with 3 known examples that wasn't really a series, but yet...)
Fender Telecaster II Bass (not the squier one, but a real classic series/American Vintage from Fender)

Well for any gripes on that Jazz neck it has to be said it's a marked improvement on the noticeably greener reissues from about 10yrs ago.

That GAK price is awesome.

I remember Whiskeytown using one (so I assume it's the same bass player in that Ryan Adams clip?)

I was thinking of getting the p, just ordered one for the shop, cocks up my Jack Casady fund, but, if a goodun arrives, I'll drop some CS/Duncan pickups in and covers, and some flats.

I hope people aren't sick on me, it is a bit marmite though...