Why become a member? ×

Blimey, Mani joins BassChat! And now ...Fumps!!!!!

Clarky

Heh.

Aunt Wikipedia says:

[quote]The name of the song comes from a street located high in the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Hills"]Hollywood Hills[/url] overlooking [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunset_Boulevard"]Sunset Boulevard[/url] where [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Harrison"]George Harrison[/url] rented a house at 1567 Blue Jay Way during August 1967.[/quote]

Nothing to do with birds or double entendres ;)

[quote name='SidVicious1978' timestamp='1330538004' post='1559096']
Won't Mani feel weird/scared about all of us talking about him like this?

I'm just saying :unsure:
[/quote]

No weirder than I feel exchanging posts with a dead person. I've never heard of him either.

There are girls here?!

I'm great at meeting famous people because i never know who they are.

I was at Glastonbury, in the beer tent on the edge of the pyramid stage, we was laughing at the P*ss police when a big fella opened conversation with me & a mate. we chatted to him for ages offering pointers at the lesser known bands & just basically having a laugh with a stranger.

As we walked away my mate gushed at how cool i was when talking to him........i had no idea what he was on about. It was Jonah Lomu. Being from a Yorkshire thats a big deal......i just never recognize people until later. but i stand by my comment. people are just people
But it was nice to meet such a friendly warm guy, who just happened to be talented at what he did.

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1330523081' post='1558783']
So is this thread about Mani joining now ?
or a thread about not being about people being on this forum, which were not allowed to notice or comment on?
Or is this thread about people who play bass being on here, of whom we are aware of but not allowed to acknowledge because were all cool musicians ?
Or is this a thread about where did Bilbo's carrots go ?

At the end of the day we all play Bass & were here to trade info, Buy/sell Basses, Say Nee Noor, chat & have a giggle. i personally don't care who people are, as long at they are nice & bring something good to the community they are welcome in my little world.
[/quote]

personally i cant wait to see a youtube clip of wayne 'sausage fingers' rooney showing off his chops with his tony levin funky fingers :lol:

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1330590684' post='1559733']
I'm great at meeting famous people because i never know who they are.

I was at Glastonbury, in the beer tent on the edge of the pyramid stage, we was laughing at the P*ss police when a big fella opened conversation with me & a mate. we chatted to him for ages offering pointers at the lesser known bands & just basically having a laugh with a stranger.

As we walked away my mate gushed at how cool i was when talking to him........i had no idea what he was on about. It was Jonah Lomu. Being from a Yorkshire thats a big deal......i just never recognize people until later. but i stand by my comment. people are just people
But it was nice to meet such a friendly warm guy, who just happened to be talented at what he did.
[/quote]

I was chatting away to a couple of guys at a Dream Theater gig recently, had an awesomely random conversation with them and as I was walking away my singer said "You had no idea that was Herman Li and the keyboard player from Dragonforce did you".

Was a bloody strange moment.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1330595015' post='1559827']
my singer said "You had no idea that was Herman Li and the keyboard player from Dragonforce did you".
[/quote]

To be fair, I would have been worse in that situation. A friend showed me a YouTube clip of Dragonforce ages ago where the guitarists are discussing an 'A major arpeggio with an added note' only to realise 5 mins later in the video that it's an Amaj7 arpeggio.

I genuinely thought it was some kind of Spinal Tap comedy p!ss take.

I would have ended up commending them for being such a great comedy band (and probably ended up with a punch) totally by accident!

Edited by skej21

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1330595841' post='1559844']
If we're reverting to 14 year-old virgins, can someone give me some advance warning - I need a quick [b]work [/b]with my younger self.
[/quote]

Please clean up after yourself when you've finished.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' timestamp='1330600596' post='1559991']
He's he the fella that did that awful "stop the cavalry" song that they keep playing round Christmas ?
[/quote]

LOL, must have changed his name to avoid being hit by music lovers.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1330590684' post='1559733'] I'm great at meeting famous people because i never know who they are. I was at Glastonbury, in the beer tent on the edge of the pyramid stage, we was laughing at the P*ss police when a big fella opened conversation with me & a mate. we chatted to him for ages offering pointers at the lesser known bands & just basically having a laugh with a stranger. As we walked away my mate gushed at how cool i was when talking to him........i had no idea what he was on about. It was Jonah Lomu. Being from a Yorkshire thats a big deal......i just never recognize people until later. but i stand by my comment. people are just people But it was nice to meet such a friendly warm guy, who just happened to be talented at what he did. [/quote]

My ex came back to the tent one morning at Glastonbury saying she'd had a lovely chat with a guy called 'Cyril' who'd played the guitar and sung a bit.

A few months later we're watching the telly when she goes 'Oh wow! That's Cyril!'

'It's not Cyril' says I '- It's SEAL!' :lol:

Edited by chaypup

[quote name='chaypup' timestamp='1330608655' post='1560265']
My ex came back to the tent one morning at Glastonbury saying she'd had a lovely chat with a guy called 'Cyril' who'd played the guitar and sung a bit.

A few months later we're watching the telly when she goes 'Oh wow! That's Cyril!'

'It's not Cyril' says I '-It's SEAL!' :lol:
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA that would be just what my wife would do :)

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1330602993' post='1560063']
I thought Mani was the guy from black books ;) played by Bill Bailey
[/quote]

[attachment=101420:bb2_copy0.jpg]
Thats who I thought everyone was on about. Sadly its not....

Bollox it anyways!

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1330612145' post='1560361']
He plays a bit of bass too!

Bill Bailey for BC!
[/quote]
Plays a bit of everything does Bill. Talented guy.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27je_AZxtBM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27je_AZxtBM[/url]

Edited by Mog