Why become a member? ×

Blimey, Mani joins BassChat! And now ...Fumps!!!!!

Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1330449122' post='1557710']
Hey all, looks like the low end of the Stone Roses is now a BC'er (see profile below and his first posts)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/22598-maniscream/"]http://basschat.co.u...598-maniscream/[/url]

If you are reading this Mani, great to have you on board and love the bass playing, esp on The Second Coming. Class!
[/quote]

Nice. It was just last night that I was fumbling (more bumbling) through his bass part whilst trying to sing "the messiah is my sister" at the same time.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1330455960' post='1557848']
I hope some members don't get too star-struck and bombard him with loads of questions :)[/quote]
It must be quite difficult in a way. Bit of a balancing act, really. Lurk under an assumed name and your ability to contribute to the debate is a bit impaired - e.g., How was your last gig? - Errr.

Sail under your own flag and you may fall foul of attention-seekers out to score a few points and prove how hard they are.

Anyway, simple courtesy demands we treat him with the respect we'd show any new member and interact as we would with anyone else here. :)

[size=1](As long as it's not a huge wind-up). [/size]

[color=#ffffff][size=1].[/size][/color]

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1330454057' post='1557822']
He is? Does he post much?
[/quote]
Not much.

Anyone remember when the hitherto anonymous Steve Albini revealed he was the owner of Electrical Audio studios on a poker forum? I'd imagine fanboys are still posting on that thread now.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1330457376' post='1557884']
In any event, simple courtesy demands we should treat him with the respect we'd show any new member and interact as we would with anyone else here.
[/quote]

Absolutely. And for everyone else, what kind of frigging stalking do you call this? f***ing amateur hour.

Anyway, simple courtesy demands we treat him with the respect we'd show any new member and interact as we would with anyone else here. :)

[/quote]

Too true.

I've always thought it a shame that name players don't feel more comfortable being members on here. But we have had a few episode's where individuals have been responsible for being down right rude to these people, so they have not posted any more.

So guy's, show ANY member the respect they deserve, no matter who they are.

[quote name='gafbass02' timestamp='1330458083' post='1557900']
Let's not scare the fella off eh.
[/quote]

Agreed. It could be somewhat trying.

Then again, Mr Mounfield has worked with Ian Brown and Bobby Gillespie in their full pomp, so one would imagine he doesn't scare [i]too[/i] easily.

[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar

It must be quite difficult in a way. Bit of a balancing act, really. Lurk under an assumed name and your ability to contribute to the debate is a bit impaired - e.g., How was your last gig? - Errr.

Sail under your own flag and you may fall foul of attention-seekers out to score a few points and prove how hard they are.

[b]Anyway, simple courtesy demands we treat him with the respect we'd show any new member and interact as we would with anyone else here. :)[/b]

[color=#ffffff][size=1].[/size][/color]
[/quote]

Until he says Alain Caron is better than Guiggsy of course :D

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1330460645' post='1557955']
Hopefully he'll see the 'Blur' (@ the Brits) thread and let Albarn read it and sort that mess out!

P.s. Great to have another iconic bass player joining the ranks... Prepare for a scrabble [b]when he starts posting in the 'for sale' section![/b]
[/quote]
That seems to be the reason most members join now, it IS the best For Sale section in the entire world isn't it! That's why I don't go there any more. I got ped to remove my access to it :)

Then I went to Happy Jack's on Saturday and came away wanting a Barefaced Midget, a Crown power amp, a Thumpinator, and a 5 string Wal.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1330455960' post='1557848']
Do you think so? It would be lovely if he contributes and takes part in the manner of a bassist rather than a celebrity bassist, I'm sure that will be the case. I hope some members don't get too star-struck and bombard him with loads of questions :)

I would rather like him to contribute to the What's Wrong With Modern Bassists thread :P
[/quote]

I've seen him on a few episodes of Soccer AM on Sky and he's got a great sense of humour (I also think he's the sort of fella who doesn't suffer fools easily ;) ).

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1330467150' post='1558078']
I dont mind Guigsy as a bass player, he played what was needed on all Oasis tracks. If I was asked to come up with what Noel wanted, I would have played the same thing he played.
[/quote]

Tony McCarroll says in his book that Guigsy didn't write or play anything on Definitely Maybe, and that Noel played bass. I'm not sure if I believe that or not, the book does seem quite honest though.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1330509824' post='1558420']
I have to go with the fawning/stalker thing here.
If someone posts and you relate to it, then great, if you don't then that is just another poster.

Relate to the person not the circus or all the rest.
[/quote]

I've been fawning over JT for a week now, and I am in total agreement :)

If this were Talkbass we could start a Star struck club. With me as #1, obviously, it's my club. That kind o' ting seems important on TB, which is also a chest condition.