Why become a member? ×

Blimey, Mani joins BassChat! And now ...Fumps!!!!!

Clarky

[quote name='chaypup' timestamp='1330608655' post='1560265']
My ex came back to the tent one morning at Glastonbury saying she'd had a lovely chat with a guy called 'Cyril' who'd played the guitar and sung a bit.
[/quote]

One morning ?
Where had she been during the night?....
I think Cyril might have been doing a bit more than playing his Guitar & singing a bit.

:ph34r: :D

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1330521803' post='1558747']That Jauqo-MCMLXXXVIII bloke for example, his music sounds awful to me, maybe he's immensely talented but I can't listen to him, and he also seems like a bell end.[/quote]

Thank you for the kind words.

[quote name='JAUQO III-X' timestamp='1330878863' post='1564241']
Thank you for the kind words.
[/quote]

Sometimes I find it embarrassing to be associated with this forum! :blush:
At least you seem to elicit an extreme response - it would be worse if people just thought you were mediocre, no? :D

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1330879289' post='1564248']
Sometimes I find it embarrassing to be associated with this forum! :blush:
At least you seem to elicit an extreme response - it would be worse if people just thought you were mediocre, no? :D
[/quote]

Well sometimes people want to make them selves seem so big while putting others down. Musicians should be very aware that every one will not like what they do. When I come across a piece of music that I may not feel or even understand I don't go and try to get a hate committee together and assassinate the artist. At the end of the day I personally could care less if some one dosn't like my music or my playing.

Edited by JAUQO III-X

Much easier to treat all people as normal. If they expect anything else, they've met the wrong person.

"Look misses you may well be wearing a tiara and holding a sceptre, but just hold this lid open whilst I put the empties in the recycling bin. There, all done. Appreciated. Oh that reminds me - the price of stamps... shocking."

[quote name='bassmachine2112' timestamp='1330882723' post='1564308']
I don,t think we will hear much Rick bashing on thus thread.
Jetglo rules
[/quote]

Rick 4001/3's are the ugliest basses ever created, actually not quite, but they're pretty close, there, I did it (Is this the part where I retreat to the safety of my corner, you know, the one with the big backwards 'F' embossed on it??) :D

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1330891670' post='1564511']
Rick 4001/3's are the ugliest basses ever created, actually not quite, but they're pretty close, there, I did it (Is this the part where I retreat to the safety of my corner, you know, the one with the big backwards 'F' embossed on it??) :D
[/quote]

Maybe but you would have to stand behind me as I am already in that corner as I too think Ricky basses are the most hideous horrible basses ever made in the world. I hated the one I owned and soon sold it. Had another go a few years later and yep, hated it just as much :)

Now give me an F......Give me an E...... Give me an N.....ok I'll stop now :)

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1330894122' post='1564562']
Maybe but you would have to stand behind me as I am already in that corner as I too think Ricky basses are the most hideous horrible basses ever made in the world. I hated the one I owned and soon sold it. Had another go a few years later and yep, hated it just as much :)

Now give me an F......Give me an E...... Give me an N.....ok I'll stop now :)
[/quote]

Don't stop, I was chanting along....... :lol:

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1330891670' post='1564511']
[/quote]
I think they are some of the most beautiful basses ever created. Just a shame they play horribly and feel horrible to play.

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1330907125' post='1564776']
Did we say they look ugly and are really unbalanced? :)
[/quote]

I think we covered the ugly bit, the horrible to play bit, but looks like the unbalanced bit got overlooked!! Just to be clear, when you say "really unbalanced", do you mean the basses, or the owners....or both?? :lol:

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1330900629' post='1564683']

I think they are some of the most beautiful basses ever created. Just a shame they play horribly and feel horrible to play.
[/quote]

Beautiful? With all that chrome? ;-)

[quote name='4000' timestamp='1331281686' post='1570605']
You do still want that dvd don't you? ;-)
[/quote]

HAHAHAHA Just try and hold back a video of Tal from me :lol: Happy to publicly love Rickenbacker's if it gets me my Tal video :D

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1331283626' post='1570636']

HAHAHAHA Just try and hold back a video of Tal from me :lol: Happy to publicly love Rickenbacker's if it gets me my Tal video :D
[/quote]

Nah, couldn't deny some Tal love. ;-)