Why become a member? ×

New Site Problem - latency

geoffbyrne

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1316441829' post='1378024']
If members can read this forum, then your ISP should have renewed their DNS. I also flushed my DNS which seemed to help a little - On XP - Start - Run - cmd - ipconfig /flushdns
[/quote]

aha - now that's hastened things along...many thanks

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1316695630' post='1381572']
just to ad the site's gone back to being painfully slow for me...

hope things settle down...the delays are actually putting me off using basschat at the moment :)
[/quote]

Same here.

I also find typing on my iPhone 4 to be so laggy that i could write a few words before anything shows up in the text box. Totally unusable for me now.

Edited by dave_bass5

Very slow here too :) everything takes a long long time, to change pages etc. etc, but I'm a patient old git :)

Edit: It actualy took almost 60 seconds from pressing 'Post' to the typing box disappearing & the message showing!

Edited by KiOgon

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1316929865' post='1384418']
Mine is still slow, especially scrolling up and down pages. Doesn't help that I'm impatient.
I'm 65 and I haven't enough time left to wait around for slow websites :)
[/quote]
Once the page has loaded, the forum server has no influence over how fast your computer can 'move' the page around. Is it an old computer ?

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1316938457' post='1384465']
I've pretty much given up trying to post, and even read, threads, for me it's been very slow all the time since the upgrade. Can someone drop me a PM when things are back to normal as life's too short too keep trying :)
[/quote]

Same here.
Probably spend too much time on here anyway - should really be practicing.... or is it practising? :)

I have given up on my iPhone but on the desktop it seems to be working just fine.
I know nothing about what is involved with changing everything for the upgrade but I am sure it is not an easy thing to do nor does it take 5 mins. So stick with it despite the less than universal approval.