Why become a member? ×

Ever played a bass and regreted not buying it?

rolo79

I played a beat up Musicman years and years ago (probably 12/13) and it had fag burns in the back and everything...however, until I got my latest Ric I haven't played anything as good!

Another one I regret not buying that year was an all original Fender Antigua 78 with all the lovely chrome.
:)

That double pickup Modulus Flea bass at the Gallery (been around here a few times over the years) . Ended up buying an all white SEI Jazz5 that I never used .

Always think back to that .

Edited by E sharp

Probably the Fender Road Worn Precision that I tried out in Gig-Gear, Harlow. Only tried it cos wanted to see what all the fuss was about re the RWs, and really loved it. Didn`t however, have the money - curses :)

Brand new SR5 for about £500-£600 (uni days, hazy memory!) in a little music shop in Sheffield. They had a few days to get rid of stock as they were going under and the Ray had been there a while, had the money too but ended up buying my course books instead.
Played really nice and i went back later in the week - it was gone.

Ended up buying some bits, my mate bought an acoustic bass and guitar, however the owner accused me of stealing a capo (i didn't) so i had mixed feelings about the place. Silly old fruit needed glasses!

[quote name='leschirons' post='1280244' date='Jun 23 2011, 10:02 PM']Never regret not buying them, just selling them.[/quote]

For sure... that '79 natural finish fretless Fender Precision in Fender hard case I bought new back in '79 (from Andertons) is one I really wish I'd hung on to :)

ficelles

Yes 2 - A 70 something Fender precision in Dolphin, Liverpool, going for £2500 a couple of years ago. Probably the nicest bass I've ever played - and I generally dislike Fenders!

The other was my friends Shuker Jazz, he bought and sold it really cheap, another fantastic bass but I just didn't have the spuds. Someone on here got a real bargain.

Yep.
One and a half times.
I regret not buying "that" Ken Smith BSR VI in the Wappng Bass Centre when I bought my Warwick Streamer LX VI instead. And I had the money, too... Moral of that story; Never take a money-grubbing (ex-) girlfriend with you when bass shopping. It was [i]only[/i] £2750 w/ a full flight case... :)

And not buying one of the sister Yamaha Attitudes to my 10th Anniversary when I had the chance. I'd have kept the "better" one (if any) and sold the second for a tidy profit.

Otherwise? Nope.

[quote name='burno70' post='1281230' date='Jun 24 2011, 04:51 PM']Yes 2 - A 70 something Fender precision in Dolphin, Liverpool, going for £2500 a couple of years ago. Probably the nicest bass I've ever played - and I generally dislike Fenders!

The other was my friends Shuker Jazz, he bought and sold it really cheap, another fantastic bass but I just didn't have the spuds. Someone on here got a real bargain.[/quote]

I played a '79 in there a while back, one of the nicest P's I've played but a wildly optimistic asking price of almost 2 grand. Maybe the same one!