Why become a member? ×

Whats your favorite bass effect?

gub

I love a good Fuzz and Overdrive, preferably both on at once.

Having said that i use a Zoom MiltiFX for silent practice and i always either revert to a RATM type patch or a really squelchy Envelope Filter.
In fact i've come up with a few ace bass parts just through jaming with those on.

My favourite Bass effect? A guitarist once told me that my bass rig sound 'loosened his bowels' shall we say. :) Not bad eh!

Ok, joking aside - I too am enjoying a bit more 'dirt' in my sound these days. I'm mixing clean sounds and dirty sounds together, but in a really controlled way - so it sounds tight and smooth. Hard to describe!!

I love my turbo rat, sounds ace!

But for me it would have to be the part in Lateralus when I kick in the rat and whammy (oct up) just towards the end, I love playing that part and it just sounds sooooo good and fits so well with whats happening!

does a compressor really count as it's more above volume control that soudns altering, for me at least. but that's my priority number one

after that i'd go with some kind of thick, punchy, Lemmy-in-a-blender kind of dirty OD

[quote name='Truckstop' post='1246756' date='May 27 2011, 10:22 AM']Reverb!

Truckstop[/quote]

Really?!? What do you use that for? I always assuming you were playing really heavy stuff - it's funny what impression you can get from just a little picture!

Ha Ha, I get that a lot. I used to play in a death core band (death metal but played by chavs) and all I used was the Master Blaster as a boost for tapping and solo passages. But my new band's very Elbow/Mogwai/EITS kind of stuff so I use reverb effects A LOT! Crank up the decay time and used in conjunction with a volume pedal, you can get some pretty amazing swelling effects.

When I used to have a fretless, a tiny bit of reverb would create a very convincing double bass sound.

Truckstop