Why become a member? ×

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Oldman

[quote name='Beedster' post='1198231' date='Apr 13 2011, 02:55 PM']True Dave, but you can change the title and the text of all your own posts so that it becomes almost impossible to find.

Shouldn't you be doing something more relaxing on your hols mate :)

C[/quote]
I'm having a very nice day. Fixed the kitchen lights; had a haircut; been to the dentists; dealt with an ant colony; played some bass; a spot of lunch; and tonight going to see the Jim Jones Revue.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1198305' date='Apr 13 2011, 03:39 PM']I'm having a very nice day. Fixed the kitchen lights; had a haircut; been to the dentists; dealt with an ant colony; played some bass; a spot of lunch; and tonight going to see the Jim Jones Revue.[/quote]

Dealt with an ant colony? So, you gave them a UK voltage amp and they gave you a bass and some cash?

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1198319' date='Apr 13 2011, 03:48 PM']That's correct but now I can't find the thread. It seems to have disappeared; as have the ants.[/quote]

Oh man, I just p****d myself picturing a colony of ants making off with your Decade (probably taking it up to that bloke in Scotland, he trains the ants you see...). I'm about 4 hours behind on work thanks to this thread :)

[quote name='Toasted' post='1197914' date='Apr 13 2011, 11:04 AM']I really think basschat needs a rule like talkbass that we don't disucss deals gone bad (personal or commercial).[/quote]

i couldnt disagree more i think there should be a way of avoiding things like this, maybe a more acurate rep system.

[quote name='Beedster' post='1198333' date='Apr 13 2011, 03:52 PM']Oh man, I just p****d myself picturing a colony of ants making off with your Decade (probably taking it up to that bloke in Scotland, he trains the ants you see...). I'm about 4 hours behind on work thanks to this thread :)[/quote]
... and wasn't his name ANThonyMurray!!!!

I don't know if I'm missing something here, but I don't see why Geester posted that thread about the scam! As far as I can see, it's not covering his tracks, he's basically posted a thread trying to pass it off as a scam, but he's basically posted a play-by-play of what he's done himself! Am I being thick here?

[quote name='Beedster' post='1198333' date='Apr 13 2011, 03:52 PM']Oh man, I just p****d myself picturing a colony of ants making off with your Decade[/quote]
I've found some documentary footage of a colony of ants in action; the taking of the Decade is entirely possible. FFwd to 5:20 for the actual action, though I just know you'll watch the rest................ :)

And the original ad said he had used both of them at a practice... which makes things weirder... Because if he did I assume (perhaps dangerously) he was plugged into 220-240V...

Mark

[quote name='Sibob' post='1198349' date='Apr 13 2011, 04:03 PM']Right, where are we upto?
Customer unhappy that he's sold an amp that isn't UK voltage compatible....website seemingly says it is....?

Si[/quote]

Lads

There is, by all accounts, a serious thing going on here and its getting swamped with nonsense.

It might seem more fair to the two parties involved if we keep the thread focused and not hijack it with random vid's etc. Im all for levity but also brevity.

Teacher has spoken :)

[quote name='Toasted' post='1197914' date='Apr 13 2011, 11:04 AM']I really think basschat needs a rule like talkbass that we don't disucss deals gone bad (personal or commercial).[/quote]

I disagree, although it is a tricky matter, I admit it.

Commercial deals gone bad can be very useful to find about shops one may want to avoid. It's true that we'll mostly only hear the bad cases, but a minimum common sense can give us an idea about the chances we have, and we know about the likely response if things go wrong. As long as it doesn't turn into a slagging competition, bad deals are good information. A forum like this can be a great resource. Abuses are relatively easily detected by the community, and if necessary mods can intervene.

Personal deals can be trickier, however. No, I don't want a collection of threads where some BCers slag off other BCers for minor disagreements. There are already feedback threads: use them. No need to start a new thread in a general forum to name and shame someone else who may or not be around in time to give his version of the events. But sometimes, after trying to solve a dispute directly ebwteen two BCers and not arriving to a happy solution... an exception can be made where one BCer may want to bring this problem out in the open. It's tricky. It should be kept respectful and as much as possible via PM (someone private deals are not a good subject for public discussion or entertainment, in my opinion)... but as a last resort, I think it does have its place. Again, abuse is relatively easily detected and a mod could intervene to remove the thread if inappropriate.
It is tricky, I admit it. But it can be something that would benefit the forum if we adhere to some basic norms of conduct and common sense.