Why become a member? ×

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Oldman

Conclusions are being jumped to without Geester being given the chance to defend himself. This makes me feel uncomfortable. That's more or less the crux of my other posts.

OTOH, I'll admit it looks bad.

Edited by Toasted

[quote name='Toasted' post='1197994' date='Apr 13 2011, 12:03 PM']I think it's unseemly. I also hate the trial by basschat that goes on. Every **** throwing their 10p in on what they should have done.

Revised suggestion: Make it public, but have a single post from the unhappy buyer or seller, have a single post from the unhappy seller or buyer and leave it at that.

I had to laugh at the Bass Direct thread last night when Truckstop was whinging on, yet in a thread just over a month ago he detailed how he'd have committed fraud in a previous trade "if only his conscience hadn't got the better of him". Pure jokes.[/quote]
I think you have an important point about 'trial by Basschat' and it often being unseemly, especially when people are too eager to say what they think when they really don't know the facts.

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1198025' date='Apr 13 2011, 12:21 PM']I'll say it again:

Hmmmm.....
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=128602&pid=1197957&st=0&#entry1197957"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...p;#entry1197957[/url]

This wasn't a misunderstanding methinks.[/quote]

Doesn't look good, it must be said.... :)

[quote name='Monckyman' post='1198012' date='Apr 13 2011, 12:13 PM']Speaking as one of the **** ,I think asking fellow forum members for their advice and opinions in public is totally acceptable as a way to finding a solution.[/quote]

Agreed, it's a bit like idle gossip, it's unseemly at times, but it helps the people involved decide whether or not they're being reasonable or unreasonable in relation to the situation in question. The mods tend to keep a keen eye open, and threads that get out of hand get closed or deleted (or both). Furthermore, like ebay, the marketplace here wouldn't survive without the feedback system, and feedback only works if people are able to post negatives as well as positives. 99% of deals on here are sound, and I understand that a substantial percentage of those that aren't get resolved after a thread like this.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1198057' date='Apr 13 2011, 12:38 PM']It's not like it's one-sided. Both parties have a right of reply.[/quote]

Geester was last online 12 minutes before this thread was posted. It's now got 34 posts basically damning him before he's even offered a comment. That's not fair.

How many will there before he replies, I wonder?

Edited by Toasted

[quote name='Toasted' post='1198065' date='Apr 13 2011, 12:40 PM']Geester was last online 12 minutes before this thread was posted. It's now got 34 posts basically damning him before he's even offered a comment. That's not fair.

How many will there before he replies, I wonder?[/quote]

Most aren't damning him Joe, most - as is usual here - are debating the rights and wrongs of the type of thread. We really should all get more demanding jobs :)

[quote name='Toasted' post='1198065' date='Apr 13 2011, 12:40 PM']Geester was last online 12 minutes before this thread was posted. It's now got 34 posts basically damning him before he's even offered a comment. That's not fair.

How many will there before he replies, I wonder?[/quote]
..and if he makes a good point, everyone criticising him will look silly.

Brushing it all under the carpet helps no-one.

Difficult situation this, and think my way of proceeding, if I end up in the same situation would be:

1. Contact the vendor to see if an amicable solution can be achieved
2. If not, contact one of the Mods, for advice on how to proceed, if the above had failed - they may have better advice
3. Pursue that advice
4. If still not dealt with, leave feedback which reflected what had happened

As Beedster said, feedback is necessary for both potential buyers and sellers, and can determine whether or not you wish to proceed with a transaction.

Gentlement, I just wanted a straight deal, it did'nt happen, I asked for my money back, he agreed to refund pending return of the goods, I wanted a reversal of the deal, i.e. I sent him money he sent me Amps, reversed it's simple, he sends me money I send him Amps. They are packaged ready to go have been since before I went on Holiday. I appreciate all the comments and I did wonder about the wisdom of posting, but I feel justified in attempting to illustrate how a deal can go wrong (in my experience). I think posting it in feedback would have been a second option, I posted here as this is where it happened.

Just as a matter of interest anything I have bought has been posted to my place of work as I travel. My last two new bass purchases (Status, August 2010 & Overwater October 2010) were deliverd to my place of work.

It is an unfortunate state of affairs and one that should have been resolved by Mike re-banking my money and me sending back the goods. But it was'nt.

[quote name='Machines' post='1198118' date='Apr 13 2011, 01:11 PM']Interesting. Geester's thread appears to be a pre-emptive defense.[/quote]

Yes, just as he said send them back for a refund............

[quote name='Beedster' post='1198134' date='Apr 13 2011, 01:21 PM']So much for waiting to hear his side of the story eh :)[/quote]
He already posted his side of the story on 23rd March. This can all be resolved by comparing serial numbers. Surely GuitarGuitar can identify if the serial is the one they have sold ?