Why become a member? ×

Any really famous people spotted on BC?

bubinga5

Just wondered if there has been any famous people on BC.. apart from Stuart Clayton.. Just spotted Sheldon Dingwall on here.. i wonder if Marcus Miller has ever taken a look, or Mark Kning.. hes bound to have surely.. i can understand why they dont, they would get too many PM's/Questions.. im sure Mr Dingwall doesnt mind though..

Edited by bubinga5

I was going to start a thread of this nature just today. Then I forgot.
I bet there's some "famous" players lurking or posting under [i]noms de voyages[/i]... That's what I'd do.
(Raps BC with knuckle to see what comes out of the (exotic) woodwork...)

Edit - The last famous bassist that I know of that was asked DID know of BassChat. And No, I'm not saying who that is!

Edited by Lfalex v1.1

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1111670' date='Feb 1 2011, 09:38 PM']Just wondered if there has been any famous people on BC.. apart from Stuart Clayton.. Just spotted Sheldon Dingwall on here.. i wonder if Marcus Miller has ever taken a look, or Mark Kning.. hes bound to have surely.. i can understand why they dont, they would get too many PM's/Questions.. im sure Mr Dingwall doesnt mind though..[/quote]
Stuart's an absolute top bloke.
Knows his stuff and I've always found him approachable and helpful.

Can I have that 5 quid now Stu?:)

Edited by Marvin

i kinda like the fact i can chat to folk on here and get advice and buy gear and it ranges from 16yr old teenagers, metal heads, pro musicians, jazz freaks and just your older, slightly overweight (and possibly shaved headed) bloke who plays down the pub every month.
It's kinda nice not to have preconceptions.

so i don't really care, I mean unless you can find a way for james jamerson to give me lessons....

The ones that I'm aware of are:

Andrew McKinlay - James Taylor Quartet
Dave Swift - Jools Holland
Joe Hubbard - 80's session giant
Jimmy Sims - Saturdays/Mika
Rob Burns - 80's session giant
Guy Pratt - Pink Floyd
Ed Hetherton - Elliot Minor

Janek Gwisdala and Steve Lawson occasionally show up to promote something.

I know Randy Hope Taylor, Nick Fyffe, Paul Turner and Lee Sklar have browsed but not joined, I strongly suspect Mark King is aware of the site. Any others haven't made themselves known.

The pros I've conversed with find forums threatening and overwhelming, especially with how arguments tend to escalate out of all proportion. Sometimes I have my work cut out trying to persuade them that this isn't always the case.

I can understand why they wouldn't become regulars, maybe look in occasionally as a guest or look at it on someone else's computer but not get directly involved. Irrespective of all the squabbling, to the really well known players it's a job and has been for many years. Do all of us with regular day jobs go home and then log on to user forums so directly related to what we do every day for a living? Not me.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1111853' date='Feb 2 2011, 12:07 AM']I'm sure Mark King would be welcomed by all 13'000+ members , Him and Flea being equally the best 2 bass players in the world is something we all appear to agree on! ,and I bet he hasn't seen the drummer is at the wrong gig clip either :)[/quote]
not me. :)