Why become a member? ×

Any really famous people spotted on BC?

bubinga5

[quote name='Earbrass' post='1112598' date='Feb 2 2011, 04:27 PM']Not many people realise* that Mrs T is actually Suzi Quatro ([i][b]Can[/b][/i] the Can - Mrs [i][b]Tin[/b][/i]man - you see what she did there?), while skank is none other than former PM John Major.

[size=1]*mostly because I just made it up. Or did I?[/size][/quote]

If Skank is John Major was TBBC Edwina Curry?

[quote name='Sean' post='1111783' date='Feb 1 2011, 11:11 PM']I am, in reality...

...Carol Kaye. I've been taking names and getting to know all you Jamerson freaks since BassChat was BassWorld![/quote]
I thought Carol Kaye wrote 90% of the posts on Basschat.

[quote name='paul_5' post='1113695' date='Feb 3 2011, 11:55 AM']I haven't seen Chuck Norris on here yet... I may be seconds away from death...[/quote]
If Chuck Norris wanted you dead, he'd just have told you and left the rest to you.

In reply to the OP. I doubt you'll get too many people check in. After a good few years in the business, I would expect them to want other parts of their lives to be the focus.
20-30 years of all bass and you'll not want to be obsessing about bass..??? I would expect their team to keep abreast of things so may be aware of sites like these but only from a business angle.

Just my 2p. Talking to my local bass 'hero' who is still involved in music a lot, we would rather talk about golf..
I certainly can't bore him with questions about this act or that act... I will get him on the golf course though.. ha ha

[quote name='geoffbyrne' post='1113707' date='Feb 3 2011, 12:03 PM']Pics of Mrs T in thigh boots? I must have missed that!!!

I'm gutted!!!!!

:)

G.[/quote]
Now I need brain bleach, being old enough to think of Maggie Thatch when someone says "Mrs T".

PS I'm not David Cameron.

[quote name='silddx' post='1112196' date='Feb 2 2011, 12:05 PM']Bit off beam mate, that.
There are plenty of pro players on BC.[/quote]

As I'm quite aware, I was simply offering opinion in regard to the OP, ie on 'really famous people' that might have other professional priorities in life. Sorry if the wording confused you. Again. Mate.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='1112807' date='Feb 2 2011, 06:49 PM']I think really though there are very few bass players who are very famous as bass players and expecting them to come on here is like expecting Brunel to appear on a Civil Engineering forum...[/quote]

J J Brunel?

[size=1]First post! I had to register and wait overnight to make that joke[/size]!

[quote name='bumnote' post='1113048' date='Feb 2 2011, 09:38 PM']If Skank is John Major was TBBC Edwina Curry?[/quote]
The Chief and I had a love that was as dark and tempestuous as the ocean. And noisier. It was nothing like the tawdry suburban grapplings implied above.

If I say "Bunnies can and will go to France", BC greybeards will get the inference immediately. The rest of you can Google it.

Now leave me alone with my memories, you heartless bastards.

Edited by skankdelvar