Why become a member? ×

2011 Shopping List

ThomBassmonkey

So this year I've had two amps and about 4 new basses. Unfotunately, because I'm a GASoholic, that's not going to keep me sorted for next year, so through next year I'll be after these:

Gallien MB500 and 2 Neo 112 cabs (my 2001RB and 410RBH is back breaking and pointless in rehearsals and small gigs).
EUB (depending on budget, maybe an NS or a Stagg).
A wireless system (still need to look into them).
I'm really loving my Sandy, so I'm gonna see if I'm still as entheusastic about it in a few months, if so, I might be looking to get myself a PM5 as a bit of variation to my JJ5.
Otherwise I might go for a custom build (ACG maybe) and have something a bit special.

Morgan +8 as per every year for the last 32, I have suggested to SWMBO that this is a suitable Christmas (or birthday present). As I understand it, this request has failed again. Can't complain on the gear front however, I have survived purchasing another bass - the Kramer DMZ4001 that was on here recently. It's absolutely super, and I had wanted one since seeing them in the late 70s (unable to afford as a student having bought a Precision in 77/78).

Not much really. I've hit the wall when it comes to basses.

A nice thick, wide strap for my Gibson Victory Artist
A couple of gig bags in order to transport my harem to Moffat
Maybe upgrade the old TU-2 to a TU-3

If I'm feeling flush then I wouldn't mind scoring appropriate hard cases for my Gibson basses.

Real happy with my rig and my usa vintage 75 jazz. just want something with 5 strings such as a sandberg jazz v. Once thats sorted i'll be happy and not want anything ever again.................................................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I'm starting a new job in the New Year so have naturally already got my first year's wages spent in my head! So far I have:

Orange AD200 Valve Head
A couple of Hartke Hydrive cabs
A good cabinet mic
A double bass
A Fender Marcus Miller
A J-Retro pre for above
A Sennheiser G3 GB system
Custom moulded earphones

Better start saving now :)

This year has been an outrageously busy year for me in terms of buying (and selling/trading), All the stuff in my sig is from this year :) Next year, I'm in the same position as Clarky, I just want to increase my gig count, and get some DB gigs under my belt.

This weeks list is currently:

Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
Hofner Club Bass (Contemporary Series)
Gibson Thunderbird
Gibson Les Paul Bass
Ibanez Musician
Fender Telecaster Bass
DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black & White one especially)
Schecter Model T
Fender Precision Elite
Burgundy Mist Fender
Vintage Fender Precision

Unfortunately have to sell before I buy and I've been far too lazy to get any sales threads together (perhaps I should make a resolution this tear)

Ummmm:

- Barefaced Compact......but that doesn't really count as I've already paid a deposit, and it's nearly ready I think lol
- I've an idea for a Shuker build....maybe in the summer if the idea is still sound :)

Other than that, I love what I have

Si

A 6 string bass, preferrably an Ibanez, preferrably the SR1016 I stupidly sold a few years ago to someone on this forum, preferrably for a good price :)

Instead of constantly buying and selling basses I'm going to keep maybe 5 or 6 and pick whatever one takes my fancy for a gig.

Loads of Roto flats. I've just put a brand new set of what were my favourite 5 string sets - Warwick Yellow label - onto my Ibanez and they feel like barbed wire compared to the silky smoothness of the flats on my thunderbird

Edited by Delberthot