Why become a member? ×

1962 Fender Precision (real) NOW SOLD.

The Bass Doc

Up for sale is my '62 Precision which has a reliced Sonic blue re-fin but all hardware is real - including original frets!

Sad to have to do this but financial considerations as a result of redunancy mean that it's got to go.

Following pics are courtesy of Wateroftyne (unashamadely using his superior camera skills) and further detailed ones may follow:-

Price - £3,000.00.

Edited by The Bass Doc

that is the mutts! i imagined a much higher price when i saw the heading? is that because its a re-fin? it really is something else and i am sure it wont hang around long. mainly because it will stay at the top of the forum because everyone will be saying how awesome it is. shame you are selling under such circumstances. good luck.

Sorry to hear about the crappy financial situation :) I guess you've looked after the bass, now its time for the bass to repay.

Regards the bass; I think I better go sleep on it. I have some crazy ideas that would get me in trouble. I'm not sure what impulsive moves I might make if this is still available in the morning...

Edit: only live once...PM'd

Edited by Legion

[quote name='Legion' post='1059122' date='Dec 14 2010, 11:08 PM']Sorry to hear about the crappy financial situation :) I guess you've looked after the bass, now its time for the bass to repay.

Regards the bass; I think I better go sleep on it. I have some crazy ideas that would get me in trouble. I'm not sure what impulsive moves I might make if this is still available in the morning...

Edit: only live once...PM'd[/quote]

Go for it.

STUNNING colour....but I hope things get sorted for you. What a shame to let it go.

[quote name='Platypus' post='1059150' date='Dec 14 2010, 11:30 PM']Good man![/quote]
[quote name='Musicman20' post='1059359' date='Dec 15 2010, 10:35 AM']Go for it.

STUNNING colour....but I hope things get sorted for you. What a shame to let it go.[/quote]
One the one hand it's lovely to have some support, on the other hand...

Can you both email my g/f to explain why I would need to do this :)

Joking aside, its a lovely example of P-Bassness and I'm sure it will do someone proud. The logistics might make it a bit hard for me to do anything about this one though. Early days mind you ...

The sweating and trembling have started. I feel slightly euphoric and nauseous at the same time. These are the signs. It's a very good job that I'm selling a lot of long-scales to focus on short scale. This is the mantra that I must repeat constantly until this beautiful bass is sold. The one to avoid is 'yes, but it's sonic blue!'.

a very good job that I'm selling a lot of long-scales to focus on short scale.
a very good job that I'm selling a lot of long-scales to focus on short scale...ad nauseum

I know where you're at. I got told last Thursday that my Job is now 'at risk'...poncy term for "you're out the door shortly son".

Good luck with the sale, that's both beautiful and historic.

Might be nice to hear about it's history (if you know) who might have played it etc etc

LC

Played this this afternoon when Howard was sorting out a Thunderbird (excellent job and a good price, by the way :) )

This is a really fantastic bass and worth every penny (and a bit more.....).

Howard is also a great bloke to do business with - but you probably know that already.

Buy it - you won't be disappointed........

I had a sunburst rosewood board `60 from new - well it was six or eight months old when I bought it for £60.
Off a guy who paid 80 guineas for it.
Wonder how many Brits even remember when we had guineas?
Still in the fender cardboard box as the case was too dear and also nto Fender!
I sold it in 1962 for £60. Bought a cheapo 335 copy for a guitar gig.
Could not afford to have more than one instrument.
Also later sold my Vox AC10 and `63 white with rosewood neck Tele when I switched back to bass again.
I could cry.

Does this one have that flat wide neck I recall?
A buddy in Nashville had the only other one I have liked as well.
Really wish I had £3k sitting around looking bored with nothing to do.