Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1962 Fender Precision (real) NOW SOLD.

The Bass Doc

Sorry to hear about the circumstances mate i know how you feel ive just had to let go of my ken smith as finances are knackered, probably not in the same ballpark as your loss though, my best wishes for 2011 hope things get better for you , anyone tempted to buy can do so with confidence howard is "The Authority"

[quote name='Clarky' post='1066666' date='Dec 22 2010, 12:25 PM']Bumping this gorgeous bass back to the top. Good luck with the sale Howard. Maybe a few more pics might help shift it (as well as give the rest of us something to salivate over)?[/quote]
There's loads... If Mr. Horrid gives me the nod, I'll put 'em up. :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1066731' date='Dec 22 2010, 01:03 PM']Apologies for the slight murkiness of the photos - I had to rely on natural light, [u]and we haven't seen the sun here since September[/u] :lol:[/quote]

Ah yes I remember that day (sighs wistfully)... iirc we also had a sunny day in August but memory might be playing tricks on me it could have been July! :)

I'd have had a pop at this but my OCD would have had me cleaning this bass to the point where I'd have halved the value. :) :D

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='1067217' date='Dec 22 2010, 09:01 PM']Hi Howard, sorry to hear you've been caught in the net too. Hope you manage to find another job soon.[/quote]

Thanks CK but at my age it's unlikely. A year and a half before the pension kicks in so I have to live off a treasured bass (or maybe two!).

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='1067224' date='Dec 22 2010, 09:09 PM']Thanks CK but at my age it's unlikely. A year and a half before the pension kicks in so I have to live off a treasured bass (or maybe two!).[/quote]

I'll have #2 off you... what a bunch of chuffin vultures we are! LOL

You know I [s]mean it[/s] don't mean it Howie. :)

Eeeeh... just remembered. Howard brought this to a gig we did round his way, and let me play it.

Here's a crappy quality clip which I'll post just so you can check out the look of glee on my face at the beginning. ha ha.

(techie note - it's string with D'addario Chrome flatwounds)

Edited by wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1067495' date='Dec 23 2010, 09:41 AM']Eeeeh... just remembered. Howard brought this to a gig we did round his way, and let me play it.

Here's a crappy quality clip which I'll post just so you can check out the look of glee on my face at the beginning. ha ha.

(techie note - it's string with D'addario Chrome flatwounds)[/quote]

I always think sonic blue is the best colour for live stages :)

I just realised... That bass is twice my age. Nice one!

I don't usually like tired looking basses (I'm a shiny bass kinda guy) but if I had the money in 'bass fund' at the moment I would be on the phone.

Best of luck and I hope it finds a nice home.

Merry Xmas Dude