Why become a member? ×

Fender Roger Waters Signature P

wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='974760' date='Oct 1 2010, 11:54 PM']He's hilarious... I think he tours with Rog to keep him company, or something.

He gets one solo a night, and although he's a great player, he usually just blows it by making a din. I like him a lot. See from 3:40-ish here:

[/quote]
Bloody tribute bands, can't stand them!

[quote name='Clarky' post='974753' date='Oct 1 2010, 10:48 PM']Trawls memory banks - wasn't he the guy that did Wide eyed and legless around 1979?

Looked a bit different then, but didn't we all![/quote]

And lead singer in Amen corner.

Re the bass, it looks like every black P.bass owned by Basschatters who decided to upgrade the pickups and pick-guard.

I think it strange how black/black/maple precisions are talked on here very highly, with opinions like 'one of my fave P colour combos' and 'black/black with maple boards is one of the best...' etc and yet, Roger Waters name gets mentioned as a signature bass and all of a sudden its not so appealing!

Granted, Roger is not the greatest bass player in the world (not the best bass player in the band) but, as a thinker, music arranger and song writer, the guys a genious. IMO of course, I like the bass.
Nick

That Roger Waters precision would look so much better with a chrome bridge & chrome knobs.

Andy Fairweather Lowe is a top bloke & a bloody fine guitarist.
He once lent the guitarist in my old band a couple of his amps when we were playing on the same bill.

[quote name='Cygnus x-1' post='974827' date='Oct 2 2010, 11:16 AM']I think it strange how black/black/maple precisions are talked on here very highly, with opinions like 'one of my fave P colour combos' and 'black/black with maple boards is one of the best...' etc and yet, Roger Waters name gets mentioned as a signature bass and all of a sudden its not so appealing!

Granted, Roger is not the greatest bass player in the world (not the best bass player in the band) but, as a thinker, music arranger and song writer, the guys a genious. IMO of course, I like the bass.
Nick[/quote]
It's not so much the looks rather than the odd choice of endorser for the reasons you pointed out. I think his composition work is genius too.

Edited by Ou7shined

[quote name='Cygnus x-1' post='974827' date='Oct 2 2010, 11:16 AM']Granted, Roger is not the greatest bass player in the world (not the best bass player in the band) but, as a thinker, music arranger and song writer, the guys a genious.[/quote]

In that case,maybe he should have had a signature pen rather than a bass?

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='974721' date='Oct 1 2010, 11:26 PM']Would it have [i]killed[/i] them to put black tuners on it? The black-on-black-on-black of the body makes the headstock look completely washed out.[/quote]
my thoughts n'all? it would have looked like my perfect bass(be it mexican and not usa though).
black gear is the future :-)

Now that looks like a very cheap copy. I had to have a really good look to see if there actually a scratchplate there.

As others have said its just another Fender Precision - if they'd used a B/W/B scratchplate, vintage tint on the neck, maybe even a cigarette burn mark on the headstock, issue it with a white curly lead then we might be getting somewhere.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='974851' date='Oct 2 2010, 11:47 AM']IMO Andy Fairweather Lowe's "solo" was far more interesting and inventive then the recycled blues licks paraded by the other two guitarists.[/quote]

Was just about to say that. Every time i've seen RW i love it when Andy FL lets rip, first time he did windmills and everything!

RE The Bass, i'd prefer the Sunburst Precision he used to use, that's the Fender bass he's known for playing

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='976064' date='Oct 3 2010, 03:37 PM']Was just about to say that. Every time i've seen RW i love it when Andy FL lets rip, first time he did windmills and everything!

RE The Bass, i'd prefer the Sunburst Precision he used to use, that's the Fender bass he's known for playing[/quote]

Or how about the Dark Side of the Moon bass which is black with rosewood fretboard?

to be honest I didn't even realise he used a maple necked precision until I looked it up on goole images - he's been using them for years.

Yep, not over keen on the black hardware. Like black hardware on white basses, can look quite menacing, but think silver needed on a black bass - give it a bit of contrast.

That saying - a black P with rosewood and all black hardware could look good, albeit in a gothy way.