Why become a member? ×

Horrible Basses

[quote name='Bassassin' post='951292' date='Sep 9 2010, 11:34 PM']Snoopy:

[attachment=58513:snoopycut.jpg]

Really can't see the point, apart from additional ugly & heavy.

Jon.[/quote]
im not a big SC fan either.. this is purely cosmetic though.bet there frickin solid as a rock though construction wise....

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='951335' date='Sep 10 2010, 12:14 AM']You forgot fingerboard LEDs. :)[/quote]

He he he!!!! I did! Yup - Those too!! - and....and... swirly dot shapes... and ...umm.. nah.Can't think of anything else

Active pickups!!

and.. ramps!!

[/coat]

Alembics, and Status for a start.
Probably Warwick as wel...they just don't look right.
Anything headless....

Gibson don't make basses worth a candle and Rickenbackers, don't get me started.
Funnily enough I really wanted one as a kid but as soon as I tried to play it knew it wasn't going to work.
I can never look at one without laughing now..

Anything with more than four strings, big ugly single cuts, any Burns bass. And someone mentioned the Warwick Nobby Headless - it is indeed one of the most ridiculous looking things in the world.

EDIT: I forgot Pedulla, a horrible, horrible cartoon of a bass design.

Edited by silddx

Never liked the shape of Pedulla MVP / Buzz basses, looks like the horns could snap off. Probably a great sounding bass though but the one I tried had a neck like a base ball bat.

Not a big fan of singlecuts, LEDs, f holes or ramps, but each to his own I guess. Didn't used to like headless basses but I'm sort of getting used to them.

Edit: Great minds think alike! Although looking at the website most of their basses look OK, it's just the Buzz

Edited by Fat Rich

[quote name='Fat Rich' post='951548' date='Sep 10 2010, 09:54 AM']Never liked the shape of Pedulla basses, looks like the horns could snap off. Probably a great sounding bass though but the one I tried had a neck like a base ball bat.

Not a big fan of singlecuts, LEDs, f holes or ramps, but each to his own I guess. Didn't used to like headless basses but I'm sort of getting used to them.

Edit: Great minds think alike![/quote]

I only like the rapture but that is one beautiful bass!

[quote name='urb' post='951597' date='Sep 10 2010, 10:37 AM']Pretty much every bass that I don't own... :)

But especially these:

[/quote]
Ah, the awful Warwick Vampyre. The Entwistle Buzzard is even worse, that and the Reverso have the UGLIEST headstocks ever designed, they are truly disgusting to behold.

Most Trabens look a bit daft too, with thos tribal tattoo style bridges.

[quote name='Clarky' post='951497' date='Sep 10 2010, 09:24 AM']Agreed on Gus basses, they try too hard to be different in my view but end up looking like a "futuristic" guitar from a bad 1970s/80s sci fi film.[/quote]

Yeah, they definitely look absolutely dreadful.

The thing is with the Warwick Vampyre, it just looks absolutely horrendous. I'm sure it'll appeal to 14 year old metal listeners though, hence why they made a Rockbass version!

My 2p:

Wish basses. No amount of excuses about finishing can hide a total lack of aesthetic awareness.

Burns basses. The styling is very fussy. Fenders are simpler, functional, elegant and look a load better by comparison.

Any number of mutant Fender copies with musicman pickups and odd looking scratchplates made by US rednecks who can't tell the difference between weird and cool.

Pretty much anything by Gibson apart from the Thunderbird

Single cuts apart from the Fodera Beez Elite and the Marleaux Mbass

Modulus Vertex

Lodestone basses

Rick Turner basses

Atlansia basses