Why become a member? ×

OldGit

Rich

From the website advice thread:

[quote name='Jesso' post='778323' date='Mar 18 2010, 10:48 AM']Just wanted to post something here in praise of Oldgit....
He has gone far above and beyond the call of duty with all the help he gave on my bands website. It's gone from "okay" to "pretty good if I do say so myself".
And, most importantly, I'm quite sure all this help has resulted in an increase in bookings for The Panoramics (my band).
I still can't understand where he gets all the spare time for his charitable contributions, but by now he must have amassed a huge reserve of good karma.... your definitely going to heaven Si!
Some day I hope to be able to pay him back in some way, because honestly it is so rare to come across a stranger on the internet (or in real life) who is willing to go out of their way to help out of the goodness of their own heart.
He offers top quality advice, no doubt which is worth a pretty penny if I'd been looking for someone's professional services. And have no doubt, Oldgit is definitely a professional when it comes to website usability. He knows his stuff.
I hope this doesn't come across too gushy, but if anyone out there gets a chance to work with or is offered help by Si (Oldgit), bite his hand off.

Just in-case your interested seeing the site all the work was done on, its this one:

[url="http://www.thepanoramics.com"]http://www.thepanoramics.com[/url]

Thanks

Jesse[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. His advice did the same for our band. He must have spent a day just emailing me.

So sorry to hear this tragic news. Though I never met Si, I appreciated his knowledge and had a couple of nice PM exchanges when we were starting out on the Stagg. My thoughts to his family and friends. A sad loss indeed.

I unfortunately didn't have the opportunity to talk to Si at any great length, though I thoroughly enjoyed reading nearly every post he made. I was really quite shocked when I read the post in the other thread, and despite having exchanged no more than a few words I feel a great sorrow at knowing he is no longer around.

If there are any plans for a collection or similar then please let me know.

What sudden and sad news.

He was one of a few who had PM'd me. He had seen our video and was interested in our set as he was planning a similar project. We exchaned a few messages and had a bit of a laugh within them. He seemed a top bloke. My condolences.

Well bugger me - what sad news.

I was out hunting for band names today & spotted the Jellied Reels & raised a smile thinking about Si.

I'm another who only ever met Si by message and email but always felt he was a 'mate' I could ask for help on anything bass or web site related.

He went way beyond the 'call of duty' to help me with some web dev work when he was supposed to be packing to go on holiday and then when he was actually away &, supposedly, not going online & sending messages to people.

I'll certainly miss him here a lot.

I never got the chance to meet Si in the flesh but that doesn't mean I didn't count him as a friend. We swapped fairly regular emails and he was always there, trying to find me design work, checking up on me and giving me helpful advice to help me battle my depression. He was a great bloke who did a lot for charity, especially for MS, which my sister-in-law suffers with.

He's a good man and I will miss him.

I only just got talking to him a few weeks ago (via pm) about shipping and his love of jap fenders.
Oldgit only in username, a gent to converse with. A truly lovely guy, really helpful and friendly.
My thoughts are with his family, close friends and those BC'ers who had the pleasure of knowing him much better than I did.

We'll miss you man

I'm so gutted. I read the other thread today on my phone whilst I was in bristol and then my internet failed all day until I got home just now.

I first met Si when he kindly gave me and my Sunn amp a lift to a bassbash about 2 years ago. He was such a dude, a really happy and warm character.

RIP Simon