Why become a member? ×

OldGit

Rich

I'd never met Simon in person, but I bought a bass from him that I still play very often. He seemed a thoroughly decent bloke when we chatted over the phone, but the posts here show what a great individual he must have been to know in person.

Condolences to family and friends.

Rest in peace.

Gutted. Like so many, I felt I knew him simply through his posts. His closest should certainly see this thread, it's a fantastic memorial to a superb individual.

I'm going to pay my respects in what feels a fitting way. Tonight, when I dig out whichever bass I go, the first thing I play will be a nod in his direction - for any guy who could help so many it's only the smallest of tokens.

As a devoted forum lurker for a couple of years now, I, like others, feel as if I have got to know Si through his brilliant posts, kindness and humour. A true gent, and a great advocate of Bassplayers in Hats.

A huge shock. He'll be greatly missed.

RIP

Edited by allighatt0r

I don't know what to say. I'm very shocked and upset. I only met Si twice but judging by the tears that I can no longer hold back he had rather a profound affect on me. He gave me some great advice and sold me the nicest bass I've ever played, a 70RI jap non export P at a very fair price which will be with me for life. The memories of Si that go with it will add to it's sentiment. My deepest sympathies go to his family and friends, if I feel this much like I've lost someone very dear to me god knows how they must feel. If I can do anything to honour his memory or help anyone this has affected please let me know. I only hope he didn't suffer.

I'll see you in another life brother, for now peace be with you and everyone around you. I will always admire your nature. Rest assured you won't be forgotten.

Ash

It's incredibly sad to hear about the passing of such a highly respected member of a site I've come to enjoy as of late. Not had any contact with Si myself but judging on the testimonials of some of the posts here he sounds like a truly brilliant guy. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Re-read this and it is quite moving....and I only knew him online.

I thought he was the best poster here by a country mile, IMO, and that will be a big HUGE miss, apart from sounding like an absolutely true gent in person. I wish I had met him.
God knows knows what his family are going through...

I wish them all the best in this difficult time.

A few more pics to hopefully help remember him with a smile:

Those trousers are a fashion statement. The statement reads: "I bought these at gunpoint".
[attachment=57012:eek.jpg]

'Roundabout'? More of a staggered T junction

ALERT! ALERT! IMMINENT CREDIBILITY FAILURE!

I never met him either , but always looked forward to his posts. Truly a shame there'll be no more.

Reading through this thread Si seems to have touched all who knew him and who's on-line persona is remembered fondly by those of us who never had that pleasure.

Goodbye , mate. Never meeting you is my loss.