Why become a member? ×

Desert Island Bass!

phsycoandy

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='875793' date='Jun 23 2010, 09:55 PM']I'm assuming that most desert islands don't have electricity, so I'll take the cheapest of my double basses and rip the top off, so I can use it as a boat to escape :)[/quote]
My thoughts exactly.
Therefore it has to be the Ibanez AGB-200

Not exactly my dream bass but semi-acoustic, nice curves :rolleyes: , short scale (after a long day working to survive, it's easier), light to carry about......
Now I think of it, I probably have to get one.

Edited by Audiokostas

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='876212' date='Jun 24 2010, 10:43 AM']Like how do you play high notes?[/quote]

S'easy - thumb position, elbow up & shoulder forward. That's just for one note though, more than that and you're in trouble.

Someone was asking what a Wunkay is...it's a G&L 1000 - nice bass alot like a cross between a Precision and a MM, made by the fair hand of Leo too.

As for this thread....Gadzooks this is a tough one to call.
It's out of 79 MM, 63 P, 89 G&L Asat and 08 Sandberg California JM4 Supreme, acquired in that order.
I love them all though and for different reasons.
I've owned the MM since 84 and played it the most; all the wear is my own. So I guess it would probably be that one.

Edited by Bassnut62

I think the hypothetical concept is getting lost now. :)

Perhaps we should rename the thread... [b]Imaginary place with an infinite amount of possible amenities, excruciatingly and somewhat ironically the only rule is "you're only allowed one of your basses" bass[/b].

:rolleyes:

My JapCrap CSL Jazz copy, £60 from a pawn shop about 7 years ago:

[attachment=53200:csljazz.jpg]

Every time I pick it up (& that's many times every day) I have a momentary epiphany during which I have genuinely no idea why I own any other basses.

Jon.