Why become a member? ×

The Gallery - Bass Merchant !

noxious

Hi

I am looking for a new bass and I find a previously owned bass in this shop (http://www.thebassgallery.com)
The price look like me good, and I hope trade with us.

But I live in France, near Italy, and I can't go to this shop to buy it, I think we will trade by phone.
Before trading with us, I would like ask you About this shop if they are serious ?

Is there anyone who trade with this shop ?

Have this shop good feedback ?

May be I create a new thread and the answer exist on this board, but the search function give me so many answers, and it's difficult for me to understand all post ... that why I create a new topic.

Thank you for your answers.

Sylvain

(sorry for my bad english :) )

Everyone trades with this shop. They are a professional outfit with an excellent reputation in the UK.

Martin Peteren is a genuine guy.

But........ they are so busy as a business, they don't have the time to talk as much as people may want them to..
Martin could spend all day talking to clients, but he'd never build any basses...!!!!!

When I bought my Sei bass, the build time was 3 months plus...and now I hear it is around a year...
Last time I asked them about that in Sep, it was 8 months....!!

I would guess they are VERY busy.

Would I buy from them? certainly, I always give them a chance to quote me on stuff...
I can see an order from me going in pretty soon..

I would like call us but I don't understand very well english ...

I've needed 3O minutes to write my first message :)

To Dave > I have any problem to understand your message ... I have a very very very bad english : it's my problem

actually, I send 2 email message to alex c., the manager, and stand his answers.

Just I would know if this shop is very serious, apparently they are.

Thank you for all answer

I think I will try to deal with them

[quote name='The Burpster' post='768946' date='Mar 9 2010, 10:14 AM']I'd thoroughly recommend either:-

i) Bass gallery

ii) Bass Direct

Both staright up, direct and A1+ service.[/quote]
+1.... both great shops.... I found Mark at BD very helpful indeed...i also bought a bass from the Gallery and the service was first class...

[quote name='noxious' post='769020' date='Mar 9 2010, 11:30 AM']I would like call us but I don't understand very well english ...

I've needed 3O minutes to write my first message :)

To Dave > I have any problem to understand your message ... I have a very very very bad english : it's my problem

actually, I send 2 email message to alex c., the manager, and stand his answers.

Just I would know if this shop is very serious, apparently they are.

Thank you for all answer

I think I will try to deal with them[/quote]

The Gallery is VERY SERIOUS. Bass Merchant par excellence.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='768946' date='Mar 9 2010, 10:14 AM']I'd thoroughly recommend either:-

i) Bass gallery

ii) Bass Direct

Both staright up, direct and A1+ service.[/quote]

Agreed, dealt with both recently (the bass gallery - at the shop and bass direct via their website) and been very happy with my dealings.

I've also bought lots of stuff from both the Bass Gallery & Bass Merchant (amps, cabs & basses).
Both places are always a pleasure to visit, deal with and talk to on the phone.
If i need anything I'll always go to either shop first before anywhere else, depending if i'm at home in london or passing up the A12 to my mum's in suffolk!

Edited by bluesparky

Martin at the Gallery built me a Bass 10 years ago. For the next 5 years he recognised my voice on the phone within half a sentence. I was not a regular caller.

He offered my wife a cup of coffee 8 years ago after she got fed up of Camden Market and followed me accross to the Gallery. She still says it is the nicest music shop she has ever been to. She has been to a lot of music shops.