Why become a member? ×

The Gallery - Bass Merchant !

noxious

• 3 years later...

Used to be pretty good on Saturdays and evenings - was my favourite place to park on the single yellows when going out in Camden. However, Camden council have just built big wide cycle lanes on both sides of the road and reduced the parking spaces available quite dramatically. Haven't tried to park there lately.

In Saturdays you can usually track down a residents' bay space. The resident parking in much of the area is restricted until 6:30 on a weekday but open parking on Saturday and Sunday.

The further up towards Holloway Road you go the easier it gets :)

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1378123026' post='2195912']
Some really complimentary comments for Bass Gallery. I've looked at their site but never actually bought but certainly will consider in future after reading this.
Great advert for the shop IMO.

Dave
[/quote]

I first went in'96 and I've been a regular visitor (well as regular as I can be being at the opposite end of the country) ever since. Martin has built me two basses and done work on many others. I've used several of the better-known UK luthiers over more than 3 decades of playing and I trust Martin more than any, for his skill, his honesty and his personableness. It's the best bass shop I've ever been to by far.

I bought my Stingray from The Gallery, as well as my Ampeg speakers. They also did an incredible job of restoring my fragile old Eko semi-acoustic. Despite having moved a fair distance away from the area they're in, I still try to take my basses to them for setups since I trust them and their prices are good. Not sure if they still have their cat, but as a moggy lover it did amuse me when he used to sleep in the shop window!