Why become a member? ×

How was your gig last night?

bassninja

Yes Dave that's them!When I joined them I told them about the Graeme Hotel and the singer wasn't interested. I explained that Emergency Exit had some decent nights before lockdown and I could speak up for us and get us in. I met him recently and he said that they got a booking and were looking forward to it! Hopefully they have a good night. They do have a following so should have a crowd but volume is going to be an issue that's a given!

Edited by theplumber
  • Like 3

On 11/10/2023 at 18:47, Bluewine said:

Private Event

Maple Road

This Saturday 10/14

Fiddlemore Farm Holloween Tent Party.

We start at 5:00

The weather is suppose to be cold and rainy. However there's a nice stage in the tent and it's heated.

I love private events. We're expecting around 70-80 Maple Road fans.

I'll let know how it went on Sunday.

Blue

FB_IMG_1697067518721.jpg

FB_IMG_1697146439383.jpg

The gig turned out to be a lot of fun.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=862602832054443&id=100001681941959&mibextid=Nif5oz

I'll add another full song clip later tonight. 

Blue

FB_IMG_1697374840780.jpg

IMG_20231015_124854.jpg

IMG_20231015_124930.jpg

• Like 18

40 minute set as part of the Oxjam Beeston Music Festival, which is held annually in 20 venues in Beeston Nottingham with 100+ bands and artists. Fantastic gig and the crowd really got into our set. Oxjam Beeston, entirely run by volunteers, has raised £150,000 for Oxfam since 2011, not including this year. As you can see from the headgear, we're a Country Band

IMG-20231015-WA0003.thumb.jpg.5e6a82de37c74c3fdeea31b2e5cf41f6.jpg

Edited by ricksterphil
  • Like 19

Performed for the first time with our new backing tracks to a fairly captive audience of mostly stallholders in a market!

Very well received, it was great to look around and see them nearly all having a little boogie almost without realising they were doing it. The sound was great, we were setup super quick and off the stage so quickly afterwards we caught the crew napping.

FB_IMG_1697396452499.thumb.jpg.4bb879be0cc0d6394289c11b853bb399.jpg

• Like 15

2 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Really enjoyed that Daryl. Def drop the Blues part of the name as that doesn't really sound blues to me. Its got more of a Country feel. Sounds great tho. I would come see you if i was a bit closer.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Here's the " No Diggity Clip" from last night. Lots of guitar

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02N9EHNX93ezEbN7SXGXeS2W41yrrSu5Yc1czF1DiZta4eJSH4M2TwpKAjYWrPybh1l&id=1470144703&mibextid=Nif5oz

Daryl

Edited by Bluewine
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

Thanks Dave,

Here's the " You Diggity Clip" from last night. Lots of guitar

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02N9EHNX93ezEbN7SXGXeS2W41yrrSu5Yc1czF1DiZta4eJSH4M2TwpKAjYWrPybh1l&id=1470144703&mibextid=Nif5oz

Daryl

I see where the blues bit comes in now. Really great song and enjoyed it. Some talented musicians there. Nicely balanced sound. Nice bass tone there as well Daryl. Think you already said that you all go thru the PA. 

Liking that bass a lot too. Is it one of the Fulllerton ones ?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

Decent pub, 40 year back 😄

I remember playing in the Burns bar in mid 80's just up the road from it.

I was depping in that band and because it went down so well they asked if i would stay on.

Happy days.

Dave 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

I see where the blues bit comes in now. Really great song and enjoyed it. Some talented musicians there. Nicely balanced sound. Nice bass tone there as well Daryl. Think you already said that you all go thru the PA. 

Liking that bass a lot too. Is it one of the Fulllerton ones ?

Thanks again Dave,

What I hear onstage is completely different than what I hear in the video.

I'm not sure what Fullerton is.

Daryl

Edited by Bluewine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

I remember playing in the Burns bar in mid 80's just up the road from it.

Falkirk was no bad for live bands. All changed now.

The Burns bar, it's all wine or cocktails now ☹️ The Argyll, went from skinhead pub to fancy gin lounge 🤬

Glenfinnan is gone, so is the Brig and the club at the ice rink. Town hall too .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Bluewine said:

Thanks again Dave,

What I hear onstage is completely different than what I hear in the video.

I'm not sure what Fullerton is.

Daryl

Think the Fullerton versions are the US built basses rather than the cheaper "Tribute" series basses.

Fullerton is the home of G&L as far as i know.

The Tribute basses are circa £300 over here whereas the Fullerton US made basses are up in £1k - £2k range if i remember right.

Dave

EDIT :- just saw the other posts with Fullerton info.  

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 3

And another Oxjam Beeston gig report...

Hurtsfall played at the Malt Shovel at 5.00 in the afternoon.

My previous experience of Oxjam was over 10 years ago with The Terrortones where it seemed poorly organised with the venue changing at the last minute, everything running late, and the promised backline not being present. Luckily on that occasion the bass player from In Isolation who played before us was happy to let me use his rig. Little did he know that I'd be taking his place in the band 6 years later!

This time it was a complete contrast: everything was extremely well organised and running on time! We were sandwiched between two bands of very different styles to our goth/post punk sound, and for once I didn't spot anyone in the audience that we knew, so we were playing to an audience who were completely unfamiliar with our songs. Despite that we seemed to go down well and although there were people drifting in and out as we played, plenty stayed to the end of the set and we got some appreciative comments afterwards. Still strange to be back home before 6.30 in the evening.

This is the only photo I've seen so far of our performance seemingly taken from the back of the pub:

391657055-772683688162777-94982371312385

• Like 15

13 hours ago, ricksterphil said:

40 minute set as part of the Oxjam Beeston Music Festival, which is held annually in 20 venues in Beeston Nottingham with 100+ bands and artists. Fantastic gig and the crowd really go out into our set. Oxjam Beeston, entirely run by volunteers, has raised £150,000 for Oxfam since 2011, not including this year. As you can see from the headgear, we're a Country Band

IMG-20231015-WA0003.thumb.jpg.5e6a82de37c74c3fdeea31b2e5cf41f6.jpg

It was the busiest Oxjam I’ve seen. Probably helped by the football international break. The Bendigo Lounge, where we played, was rammed at 5.30. I hope the big crowds mean big money for Oxfam.

• Like 4

Great fun with a welcome return to my local pub. A bad start in that 1) I managed to forget my mic stand and 2) we showed up to two musicians thinking it was open mic night and telling us that we had five songs! Luckily we were able to explain that it was OUR show and they got a booking of their own. 

Two hours of acoustic gothic tunes, ranging The Cult, The Cure, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Fields of the Nephilim and the, un, Monster Mash finale! Oh and a couple of our own, for good measure. We're back there in January. 

95400204-6567-481c-8a23-c247eceb98c8.jpg.e7b473624c13a267c97f36268f1b1a06.jpg

• Like 18

Yep. I've only ever played two ASATs in my life and both, by chance, were Japanese. I think it's a similar setup to ESP making the Lakland Shoreline range for the Japanese domestic market. They eventually find their way out of Japan and over to this side of the world in ever increasing numbers.

Edited by Doctor J
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Doctor J said:

Yep. I've only ever played two ASATs in my life and both, by chance, were Japanese. I think it's a similar setup to ESP making the Lakland Skyline range for the Japanese domestic market. They eventually find their way out of Japan and over to this side of the world in ever increasing numbers.

That's a new one on me, cheers, I love learning new geeky stuff like this :D

• Like 2

This surfaced from our gig on Sat night. SLF Gotta Getaway. This is the 2nd time we've tried playing this so its not quite there and a bit of work in progress. Great song tho.

The vocals are louder in the mix but camera was just in between PA cabs which were angled outwards.

Dave

• Like 10