Why become a member? ×

Feedback for KiOgon

loudandclear

[i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Basschat has a lot to answer for.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Searched for Squier Classic Vibe 60's Precision just for fun and found a thread outlining a pot and capacitor "vintage" kit. Also a few threads on pickup upgrades. The reviews for John (KiOgon) were all really positive so I asked a few questions and received a few answers from John - lightning fast too! And really helpful - not pushy one bit.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Although happy with the CV (which is unbelievable value for just over 300 quid) I couldn't resist the upgrade. I chose John's "vintage P" kit and a Seymour Duncan SPB-1 and looked for a local tech to do the job. I do my own setups but thought I'd leave the electrics alone. The local guys either didn't reply or wanted the bass for a week and a lot of money for what John called a straightforward job. I asked John if he knew anyone as he's in the next county. The reply was an invitation to watch him do the job.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I was over very soon and took a little single malt for him to make sure he did a good job! I didn't realise I'd get to try his basses while he worked. Yes, that AV '62 seemed to keep coming back to my fingers. It gave me the benchmark to aim for![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]When I got home I strung the bass up with TI flats, adjusted the pickup height and gave her a test.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Noticeable improvement! The E string especially was much, much improved and closer to the AV sound I was after.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Summary: Well worth the upgrade so thanks to all at Basschat who contributed to the threads.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]And special thanks to John who can't be recommended highly enough.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Extremely helpful to the extent of letting a comparative strange put finger prints on his basses.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Great to meet with and chat to. And terrific products and workmanship.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If you're thinking of sparkling up your bass - talk to John![/font][/color][/i]

I bought a P bass harness from John. It arrived promptly and was excellent. It made a real difference to the tone (it replaced a crappy set of components) and reduced my hiss crackle and pop immensely.

Good advice too.

Many thanks, strongly recommended.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

John made me a vintage style twin stacked knob jazz plate. Awesome (much overused, but justified here) piece of kit. Top quality, brilliant service and endless patience answering my questions.

Truly a top banana of the BC world.

I've just bought a wiring harness from John for my P bass. Ordered it very late on Monday evening, John dispatched on Tuesday and it arrived this morning. The workmanship is excellent and takes no time to fit. John was also super quick in replying to my questions about what harness to get.

Can recommend John highly enough, a top gent.

John kindly helped me [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/190896-thank-you-kiogon/page__fromsearch__1"]modify my bass with some electronics[/url] the other week. Lovely, friendly and kind bloke with a real talent for all things bass. His actions sum up the feel of BC - don't hesitate to deal with this guy!

Cheers
ped

I bought a P/J bass kit from John for a Bass Collection SB301.
A great bit of kit, really has pushed the bass up another level.
A great upgrade - the gentlemen and the products are highly recommended to all.
I'm sure I'll be doing more business with John.
Thanks Again

• 2 weeks later...

Confession - I am a guitarist (sshh) but my bass player has double booked himself and asked me to cover for him. No problem, I'll just pull out my trusty Yamaha RBX bass and have a practice. Plugged in, turned up the volume and there were more crackles and pops than a box of Rice Krispies. A quick google search for a bass wiring loom landed me in this very feedback page - lots of happy people, so I registered and messaged John. After a very prompt exchange of messages and advice, I ordered a wiring kit for my bass.

The kit arrived very quickly, well packed, components as discussed, spaced to perfection. Five minutes later, it was installed and my bass is happy again.

Yet another highly satisfied customer.

Paul

Edited by Paul Allen

Highly recommended. I enquired about a solderless passive wire kit for a Musicman style bass with requirement of what I wanted. Very reasonably price and once ordered was made up and sent following day, Also very quick at answering any questions I had. Would definitely like to deal with again for future projects.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Another loom from John s fitted....sounds absolutely fab, exactly what i was after. All 3 of my basses are now all passive thanks to John's great work & service. Very highly recommended 110%. Thanks :)[/font][/color]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]I've been assembling a bitsa P bass fretless (with additional J pickup) I wanted a Jazz style stack knob arrangement as I hoped to maintain the two-knob look of a precision but with full control of both pickups. Having heard of John's reputation on here I got in contact and he made various recommendations which I eventually went with. John's recommended cap choices are spot on as the variation of tones on offer are almost active like in their range. Lovely aggressive P bass tone with the tone on about 50% and a nice nasal J bass to blend in. Combined with the fretless neck the finished bass really sings. The supplied loom is really high quality with pukka pots and really neat soldering throughout. [/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks again from one very happy customer![/font][/color]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...