Why become a member? ×

The Joe Dart III - New Joe Dart Musicman Signature Bass

It's all very well, but I suspect Joe Dart would sound like Joe Dart even if he played my washing line with some socks on it.

EDIT: The faux Super8 video made me chuckle. See how authentic it is :)

Edited by ahpook
  • Like 2

Hard no from me.

love Joe Dart. Hate the basses he’s putting out with EBMM.

The stuff that “broke” the band was all a Mexi Standard Jazz and a Carlos Robelli $99 bass. I think through a Roland Bass Cube 100.

🙄

IMG_6918.jpeg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, neepheid said:

I'm sorry, I missed it, can someone please explain to me what the fuss is about?

About Joe Dart or the basses?

Joe Dart is a bit of a bass hero - very handy player. Just a modern day “Flea” - lots of “better” players, but Vulfpeck (and the 300 other side projects) have absolutely exploited modern day marketing tactics and really got their names out there.

The basses are aimed at rich folk who aspire to play like Joe Dart. Rather than practice, they’ll spunk £2k on a bass to pretend to be him in the mirror.

I await the ham fisted YouTube takes on “Dean Town” (originally played on a cheaper bass, through a bass cube) on the £2k monstrosity through a pristine Aguilar DB rig.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

About Joe Dart or the basses?

Joe Dart is a bit of a bass hero - very handy player. Just a modern day “Flea” - lots of “better” players, but Vulfpeck (and the 300 other side projects) have absolutely exploited modern day marketing tactics and really got their names out there.

The basses are aimed at rich folk who aspire to play like Joe Dart. Rather than practice, they’ll spunk £2k on a bass to pretend to be him in the mirror.

I await the ham fisted YouTube takes on “Dean Town” (originally played on a cheaper bass, through a bass cube) on the £2k monstrosity through a pristine Aguilar DB rig.

I meant the bass.  I wouldn't grudge anyone a bit of fame/infamy - that can only come from a place of jealousy.

37 minutes ago, Beedster said:

I honestly think I could build that bass 😆

I think I did once, threw it in the bin 😉

33 minutes ago, neepheid said:

I meant the bass.  I wouldn't grudge anyone a bit of fame/infamy - that can only come from a place of jealousy.

I absolutely do not blame the guy, anyone making money from music is a hero in my eyes

11 minutes ago, Boodang said:

£50 worth of wood and a cnc machine.. not sure it’s worth the price tag. 

Yeah - that’s an absolute p*sstake