Why become a member? ×

How do we get rid of the 'Privacy' tab that's now appeared??

binky_bass

Question

Again, there's no 'reject cookies' button, and for the layman, no concise and clear instruction on how to reject cookies which continues to be disappointing and not in line with what I believe are our collective basschat morales, but it is an improvement at least on the 'Got It' we had before...

However, I am now seeing a tab on the left had side of every basschat page I navigate to that says 'Privacy'. How do I get rid of this? It might be minor, but having it follow me everywhere on the site is completely unnecessary and quite annoying.

Screenshot_20230927_092201_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.171ad0de53582e247366e79934e6eb5b.jpg

• Like 1

Seems that way. 

I think I'll follow the example @Dad3353has set and remove myself from this site until @Kiwi can get this sorted or @dewww can confirm why Ezoics appears to us all as a very dishonest organisation. 

Its an absolute shame that the site is going through this - if Kiwi could tell us what the cost of membership would need to be to sever ties with Ezoics and any other such partner that is clearly totally self-serving to the point of being morally questionable (at best) it would be appreciated. We're a community here, I'm sure as a community we can cover the costs of floating the site - to become a cooperative of sorts. 

I look forward to signing back in in a few days to hopefully see either some questions answered, or ties severed with Ezoics. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Has it been removed or gone up the list binky 

You're right - its moved up. 

I wasn't aware that this area of the forum can change the order of posts... 

I've withdrawn my prior comments accordingly. Lesson learnt! 

Edited by binky_bass
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

I notice that neither @Kiwi or @dewww have seen fit to comment since this all kicked off.

I'm not sure the powers that be particularly care about our collective resistance to this - I think the want to monetize the site is taking preference over and above what is a relatively small vocal minority. 

I am in no way expert in law but, having a quick look through the t&c's i note this.

8. Third-party services
Goods and services of third parties may be advertised and/or made available on or through this web site. Representations made regarding products and services provided by third parties are governed by the policies and representations made by these third parties. The site editor shall not be liable for or responsible in any manner for any of your dealings or interaction with third parties.

//

Other parts of t&c's point out that we will indemnify them from XYZ...

But this one does not indicate that the admins are not liable for dealings with third parties, just the site editor.   So does this mean that admins are then liable/ or responsible dealings with third party cookie access?  For example if any are involved in a data breach or GDPR breaches regarding security of your data?

I use BC on my phone, not on a desktop so I guess that rules me out of the above. Also, we shouldn't have to do this! No other site I visit has this level of interruption from cookies. 

There are only 2 criteria I think we would all ask for:

1: An ability to easily reject all cookies by clicking a button that says 'reject all'.

2: To not have something track us on EVERY page saying 'Privacy'. 

I know nothing about the deployment of this kind of thing, but it would seem the two above criteria are both obvious and morally correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

Unfortunately not. If you click on the Vendor List button you will find that are over 60 organisations whose cookies cannot be declined.

Thanks. . . .

@Kiwi What is the reasoning behind not being able to reject some cookies?

Whatever it is. . . . I would like a REJECT ALL option that actually rejects all. Can we have one?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Chezz55 said:

This whole cookie thing is getting on my nerves.

I will not log on to BC again for a week - if the situation is not resolved and and a ‘Reject All’ button available - I will terminate my subscription and membership.

I think a good few people are nearing this position. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dmc79 said:

Different issue but the flashing pick advert at the top of the page does my head in. Can’t it at least be steady? Anyone else hate this too?

I despair . I see a large banner at the bottom advising me of Affordabke north east counselling , with a small white tab next to it mentioning anxious minds . Guess I'm confused . Con 🤦🤷‍♂️
it's a long way to walk for counselling  from my neck of the woods ..

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE
  • Like 1

I had them all deselected but as I was checking the enormous list of companies in the Vendor List the save and exit button moved and I inadvertently clicked on the continue with recommended cookies button. So now I have a huge list of boxes ticked with no easy way to disable them except to clear all my cookies and have to log back in. Again. 

The attempts to monetise this site from guest visits whilst simultaneously peeving off paid members is not something I’m enjoying. 

Edited by Bassybert
  • Like 4

There should be a legal requirement to have a one click reject all button, that does just what it says. Love the way this shlt is called "privacy" when it's actually the reverse of that, bit like Orwell's "ministry of truth" 

"Reject all" is available widely, can't be rocket science, so let's have it here please. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got rid of the 'Privacy' tab but I'm on a Samsung Android phone and can't clear it. Annoyingly, it covers the text I'm trying to read. Any easy way to get rid of it?

This whole, shambolic Ezoics business is getting right up the noses of many Basschatters.

Edited by upside downer
  • Like 1